Bring back TVJapan

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back TVJapan

Lisa_H
Camera Crew
Very upset to wake up this morning to find TV Japan has been removed from International programming...we have several programs we enjoy every week as well as several series we were following that we now won't be able to finish viewing. Was told four new Japanese channels were coming but this AM we have two of continually repeating Japanese programs we're not interested in, Bloomberg TV and MLB TV, which are decidedly NOT Japanese. This is not worth paying extra for. Please bring back TV Japan.
22 Replies

Re: Bring back TVJapan

TWB
Character Actor

I agree.  I've been a DISH customer for 16 years.  We started TV Japan afterwards.  While I understand that the decision to terminate TV Japan was not from DISH, my frustration is the new Japanese programming.  A Japanese cartoon from years ago and another show just as old.  The MLB Network and Bloomberg television is not Japanese programming!!  In addition you have not given any indication as to what and when the additional programming and on-demand TV will be yet we are being charged for what I consider as a poor substitution.  It would be so nice to have TV Japan or an equivalent programming offered.  What is being offered now is a used car from 1970.

notvjapan
Extra

Without TVJapan, Dishnetwork will go the way of my previous cable company in my household. A dish can be as easily cut just like a cable cord.  MLB? I do not care about sports. Bloomberg? The owner is an obnoxious tool. 80's Japanese tv? You have got to be kidding, if you expect customers to pay extra for this.

TWB
Character Actor

I look at the programming packages and in the International Section you still have TV Japan listed as a programming option.  I would think that the website would at least be updated to reflect the discontinuance if TV Japan.  This makes me think there will be little to nothing advertised as to what the new Japanese programming will consist of.  In view of all this, I sincerely hope that DISH will be able to bring back TV Japan.  We loved the programming, the drama series etc that was provided in TV Japan.  We have looked at other options to get TV Japan however, TV Japan is not available are our address.  We have one other option to look to see if we can get TV Japan thru WAVE.  I have really enjoyed DISH and TV Japan but we are considering making a switch if TV Japan cannot be made available thru DISH, or if the replacement Japanese programming is not what we want.  In the meantime, please pass this to the decision makers that we would really like to have TV Japan made available again.  Thank you so much.

mangogod
Character Actor

Have to admit that this station so far is pretty bad so far. Is the guide actually correct? It only says that they're showing the same three shows in repeat for the next week?

RH
Extra

This is the only reason my family subscribes to Dish network.  The new programming is terrible and I am seriously considering eating the early termination fee to get rid of this for another provider.  Please tell me that this is a dispute that will be resolved soon and Tv Japan will come back to Dish.  If not goodbye Dish...

Lisa_H
Camera Crew
Yes, if this is some sort of dispute with TV Japan, at least have the courtesy to let us subscribers know. Right now this so-called "Japanese package" makes me think our opinions don't matter whatsoever. If there's hope of this being resolved, I'll try to hang on for a bit.
Unlike some of the other commenters, I don't have the ability to change satellite providers as we live in an apartment complex who is contracted with Dish. Myself, my mom and a few other residents had to fight to get TV Japan in the first place. So I'd really not have to go through all of that again if by chance you fix this and bring this programming back.
I would've rather been told this was happening, however, than been left with this subpar programming I'm still paying for.

Lisa_H
Camera Crew
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cable_tv/dish_network.html

Don has very valid points here. Be up front with what's going on. Please provide the service/programming we are paying for.

mangogod
Character Actor

Apparently this caught (at least the customer service area) by surprise. The way that TVJapan handled things- posting, then take down of the English and Japanese notice they were leaving was fishy as well. They later put the Japanese notice on their site, but that's it.

If you speak with Dish customer service it sounds like these programs are a temporary thing, and they're scrambling to put together regular programming- but that'll take a little while. You should be billed only 19.99/month for the next three months, but I let them know that seemed high considering what they were showing.

If you're in a contract, I would call and let them know and see if they can offer you something (HBO, Starz, etc.) to offset the loss for a little while until they can get this straightened out. At least that way if it's still the same in a couple of months, it gives you time to clear out your DVR and you can leave to another provider.

Hopefully this changes soon though. This programming really blows.

jevfro
Character Actor

I'm still hopefull Dish might come up with other alternatives as DirecTV packages are more expensive and this is only available as an add-on atm.