Bring back TVJapan

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bring back TVJapan

haberjin
Character Actor

I hope everyone has cancelled their T.V. Japan subscription. They are still charging for it... Dish will be replacing T.V. Japan with  Family Gekijyo. The problem is that after doing my research, I found that most of the programming offered by Family Gekijyo id over a decade old. I have not seen any up to date programming offed by them at all. Save your money and cancel as soon as possible.

Lisa_H
Camera Crew
I inquired with TV Japan and wanted to share what they told me, because it sounds like the decision to leave Dish was theirs, not that of Dish. I let them know I personally am upset and offended at how this deal with Direct seems to have been made and how I feel the loyal Dish viewers have been treated.

Thank you very much for inquiring to TV JAPAN and we appreciate for your loyalty of watching TV JAPAN
We are sincerely apologize for the inconvenience occurred due to switching the satellite service provider.
We understand that changing the satellite provider will cause you inconveniences.
Unfortunately, we cannot mention the reason why we are going to stop broadcasting through the current
satellite provider due to a non-disclosure agreement.   As for the same reason, the information we can provide to our customers is very limited.   We tried all our best to reach our customers in advance, but there were many restrictions to stop us doing it.
Please accept our deepest apology.

Lisa_H
Camera Crew
If anyone else wants to let TV Japan know how you feel, here's their contact form: https://tvjapan.net/en/inquiry_form_nonmember/
I've worked in customer service myself long enough to recognize a non-resolution pat on the head response when I get one, but I just wanted to let them know this was not cool.

haberjin
Character Actor

I was told by a Dish Network technician that T.V. Japan wanted more money which would have possibly driven up the price of the service. Apparently, Dish Network did not agree with the cost.

rrxDusty
Extra

Sorry to say everyone but it appears that MEGA-MONOPLY AT&T (AKA DirectTV) has bought up TVJapan. So It won't be coming back. I checked their website and it says TVJapan is not available in my area. I for one would NOT want to go with AT&T as they have the worst in the national customer service record also known for sending out humongous billing errors. To top it all off you have to sign up for a long term contract that you would have to sell your first born to get out of.

Butchhowe
Extra

My family is upset. We watch a couple of shows regularly. The replacement programs are a joke. I went on my account and canceled TV Japan as I don't see it coming back any time soon. Then, they tell me that the replacement package has MLB and of all things Bloomberg.....Are you people serious???  I've got to see if I can find another way to watch the news from japan.

I encourage all to cancel. I will cancel dish as soon as I can set up a replacement.

Highlighted

MM
Extra

This is the only station my 87 year old mother watches, so it's a great disappointment to find out about this.

Please, everyone, check your Dish bill. I was told we'd be paying $19.99/month for 3 months, and then it goes back to $24.99/month. I checked the April bill and it's $24.99 instead of $19.99. I will be getting that corrected. 

MORDO
Extra

I am in the same situation here. We are trying to raise our toddler in a bilingual household, and he loves the children's shows, like Inai Inai Baathat TV Japan ru, ns. I've called and complained to Dish a couple of times, and filled out follow-up surveys. I was also told they would reduce the price of the package to 19.99 for 3 months, and received an email offering a $25 credit. What I would really like is for them to waive the ETF so I can switch providers. Like others here, my sole reason for subscribing to Dish is for TV Japan. But, as you may know, at the time of sign-up there is a customer service agreement that includes a provision giving them the right to change programming, packaging, and prices, whenever they please and without notice. This doesn't seem like a proper way to offer services, but I imagine it is profitable. They say they are trying to add programming to the package including a Japanese news channel. I hope this happens very soon, though I doubt it will bring the quality of the package back anything close to what it was with TV Japan.

yoshidazo
Extra
Not the best substitution due to time difference and low res, for those not in the area where other cable providers offer service, there is a little app service called keyhole-tv. Am in transition myself to switch from Dish to Charter due to disappointment in multiple channels being blacked out temporarily and permanently, keyhole tv allows viewing of land based broadcast from Japan.

ikey01
Extra

The new Japanese program is a total joke. They are playing 3 obscure shows from 30 years ago over and over for next days and maybe weeks. It is not even worth $19.  Real Family Gekijyo channel in Japan has much more shows, although still not as good as TV Japan. Dish told us that they are bringing Family Gekijyo from Japan so they need to stick with that promise. Dish should let us know exactly what is going on and what to expect in next days to come. Until we get full programming from Family Gekijyo, they should compensate for days without full programming.