ACC Network

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACC Network

MOVal
Character Actor
I started requesting the ACC last year when I found out it would be coming this year. Several other services already have it such as spectrum, Hulu, you tube channel, and several others. I buy the sports package intentionally to see all my favorite college games. But I need the ACC network so I can watch my favorite ACC team. Please add the ACC network to the sports package. As a long time dish network customer I feel it’s only fair that you add it asap, during college football season. Thank you.
15 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ACC Network

TiredOne
Character Actor

Couldn't agree with you more.  Finally got through the robot responses yesterday on Dish chat and talked with an attendant named Cynthia.

Told her that I was gone if the ACC Network wasn't added.  For goodness sakes, Dish has SEC, Big 10, and the PAC 12 so why not the ACC?  I have a lot more interest in the ACC Network!

Don't really want to change but will if they don't add it as I would have to buy it from ESPN as an add on.  I pay way too much on TV programming as it is!

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
You would pay an increase on Dish if it were added. But so would the vast majority of customers... the ones who don’t care about sports. A significant price change. The price you pay already is because the channels already charge an arm and a leg, and the Disney owned sports channels are easily 7 times the cost of the average channel. It is illogical to say “I pay too much already”, while also saying “add this very expensive sports channel that only a relative few will enjoy”.

martyconnelly
Costume Designer

Why can't this channel be offered to those that are willing to pay the additional amount without having to offer it to everyone??  I am willing to pay more to have this channel included. 

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Disney is notorious for wanting it to be paid for by everyone. They did that with Pac12, and they continue to do it with eSPn. Notice, ESPN is not in a sports package for any provider. That’s why there is an issue.

martyconnelly
Costume Designer

So it sounds like DISH will not be offering the ACC network.  It is very frustrating when you receive channels that you never watch but can't get a channel you really want to see.  Also, what is the latest on the Fox Sports Channel issue?  Really disappointed that I'm not able to see Braves games now as the season is winding down.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Sinclair just took ownership of the FS channels, and the first statement they made was that their priority is to get them back on Dish. They took ownership on Friday from Disney.

martyconnelly
Costume Designer

Well hopefully the Fox Sports channels will be back on shortly.  As for the ACC network, I am still confused why there isn't an option for those of us who want the channel to get it.  Your reply concerning other customers having to pay that won't get it, why can't those of us who want a sports package that would include those channels be given that opportunity?  There has to be some sort of way to handle this.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
It’s not that people would pay for it and not get it. It is that the majority of customers don’t care about sports, but would be charged an additional $4-$6 just for ACCN. If Disney allowed the channel to be offered as an Regional Sports Network rather than a national channel, there likely wouldn’t be any issue as then it would just be in the ACC regions or multi sport pack for those outside the region that would be paying for it. Disney is well known to not allow that, meaning every Dish customer would have to pay for it, even though it would only benefit a relative small minority of customers. It would be a terrible business move in those regards.

martyconnelly
Costume Designer

Well I certainly hope that DISH will continue to let Disney know, if they are in fact the ones causing the problem, that there are a number of customers that are willing to pay for the service if it would be offered as a Regional Sports Channel.  I find it hard to believe that there isn't some sort of way to solve this problem.