will dish ever get rid of fees

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will dish ever get rid of fees

kynshiro
Camera Crew
I just saw some cable internet and new fiber att trucks digging in my area. if I get faster internet speed I am going to cut satellite and get directv Now, youtubetv or plastation vue. Not sling I tried it before and didn't like it. What I hate about dish is the fees. I have flex package but with all the fees and receivers my bill comes to 100 not 45.47. At least online programming you just pay that amount without extra fees and can quit anytime.
4 Replies

Re: will dish ever get rid of fees

Chadt41411
Casting Director
No, and the streaming services are vastly different than satellite or cable. It works for some, not all. If you were not satisfied with SlingTV, you'll likely not be happy with the others, but you can find out.

hddn
Visual Engineer
It's basically up to you how many fees you pay. We get AT200 for less than you pay, but if you prefer the flex pack with a bunch of other stuff, that's obviously an option too. It just depends on what things you think are worth the money.

My neighbors have been on FIOS and Comcast over the last 5 years or so and in both cases they complained of paying much more than they thought they were going to pay so make sure you check all the fine print no matter which way you go.

kynshiro
Camera Crew
My complain is only the fees of the devices I need in order to watch the programming I am paying for. Why I have Hopper 3 with sling and 2 joeys. Why can't I just pay for the programming. I have HD for life, if not that would be extra too. With online services you use any device that is allowed. If sling had more channels and dvr I would have kept it.

hddn
Visual Engineer
I believe if you were to switch to a ViP 211k, then you would just be paying for programming.

We have a 722K and just pay a DVR fee ($7 if I recall, though I think new installs cost somewhat more.) That's the only fee we pay above the programming cost. However, I believe the 211 avoids even that.