upgrade to hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to hopper 3

dodge
Character Actor
I have already did a live chat with customer service in regards to upgrading my hopper i dont understand why i would have to pay $150 to upgrade and for others its free i have been with dish for 3 years and just renewed my contract for another 2 years i pay my bill on time only a couple times late and always paid the $9 insurance since having dish. only wanting to upgrade because my box is slow at responding since they updated the system. i pay over $130 every month and for my family that is alot many people have even "cut the cord" with tv companies. i dont think it is much to ask for a free upgrade for a loyal customer the new customers get so many deals but once you sign up its all over.
Tags (2)
7 Replies

Re: upgrade to hopper 3

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You’re still paying back the initial investment they made into you, and you admit to being late a few times there. These are factors that affect eligibility. For most right now, even new customers, there is an upgrade fee for the H3.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
I doubt if Dish considers 3 years being a longtime "loyal customer", many have been with Dish for 10 and still had to pay an upgrade fee, things just aren't free anymore.

dodge
Character Actor
I'm not asking for some type of handout, this company gets plenty from me I'm sure it will be nothing for them to upgrade me for free but $150 for me is alot.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
dodge wrote:
I'm not asking for some type of handout, this company gets plenty from me I'm sure it will be nothing for them to upgrade me for free but $150 for me is alot.

You say this company gets plenty from you, however, as mentioned, you’re still paying your initial investment back. Takes 5-6 years to pay that back, and that’s assuming you do not upgrade. What you are asking for is a literal handout.

dodge
Character Actor
Wow guess wasting my time on here just like I was chatting with customer service sorry I came here thought would have someone on here who felt like I do.

Kbear10_99
Character Actor
I agree, I've been with Dish for over 14 yrs and I'm not paying $150.00 to upgrade, when everyone else is getting it for free or almost nothing. I still have 1 of my original program boxes from 14 yrs ago and the other that they replaced the torn up one, still only records 2 shows at a time. Lots of current customers who have been with Dish for years are complaining about this issue and are discussing cutting the wires and getting something you just plug into the tv. There has been several who have already did it and have no complaints and a bunch more of us who are going to follow suit soon. So much for our Loyalty to Dish, We see that they don't appreciate us so I can save that extra $80.00 or more a month that Dish has been getting for years. It's a crying shame they don't offer us upgrades for a deeply discounted price or for free to keep pocketing that $130-$140 a month. Dish Network, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Kim Weeks
#FedUpWithDish #Priorties #LoyaltyGetsYouNothjngTheseDays.

Kbear10_99
Character Actor
What about a customer with over 14 years with Dish and still have the same equipment. Do you think it's too much too ask for at least 50-60% off of that $150.00?