unhappy customer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unhappy customer

tabasco
Extra
I've been experiencing very poor customer service. I started on Jan 17 with a call to the technician help line when one of our two receivers had gone bad. I felt like that rep just pushed me off asking me to call my TV manufacturer to confirm it wasn't a problem with my TV. I called, it wasn't the TV, so had to call DISH back.
So on call #2 the rep I talked to at least recognized he wasn't going to be able to fix the problem and sent me to an advanced technician. I spoke, for over an hour, to a very nice rep named Rain who helped me trouble shoot the problems with my old receiver. When it became apparent it would need to be replaced she gave me all my options and I chose to upgrade to the hopper 3 and joeys. As we were completing the call we were disconnected. We had already set a technician time and run my credit card for the installation fee so I thought we were all set, and when the call disconnected I didn't worry about it.

On Thursday Jan 18 I had an additional question about the hopper / joey set up so I opened a chat with Marygrace. She let me know that since my call had been disconnected nothing happened and my installation call didn't exist. There is no way for the reps to call out to a customer if the call is dropped.
I had to start over again. So after chatting with her for another hour we finally got to the same page I had been on the day before and my questions answered. But now my installation call couldn't happen until Sunday. She offered me the time frame of 12 - 5, but when I said that didn't work she told me it could be 8-12. I asked for the morning slot. When she gave me the paramaters of the call at the end, it still showed 12-5. I reminded her that we were going with 8-12, marygrace told me she would add notes to the tech that it needed to be the earlier time.

All of that brings us to today. This is now the 4th conversation with DISH about the same issue. I logged onto MyDISH to check my installation, and it still shows on Sunday from 12-5. I called again and spoke with Jessica (I think) and asked her to check my installation schedule because it should have been changed to 8-12. She says 8-12 is not available and if I want the morning slot I would have to wait yet another day until Monday to have my new equipment installed.
I just don't understand a company treating a long time customer this way. I had a service issue with a bad receiver and I've agreed to upgrade and paid money to do it. But in the process I feel like I've been lied to and misled several times. I won't even try to express how angry I am.The choices in my area for other providers is very limited, but I may spend the rest of my day looking into those options.

I left DirecTV for this very same reason of very poor customer service and being lied to. But I'm thinking of giving them another try.
3 Replies

Re: unhappy customer

DISH Employee
I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had, and I would be happy to look into this for you. Can you send a private message with your phone # and 4 digit PIN?

Oonagirl
Extra

On May 8, 2018 I sat down to watch some recorded programs and ALL my recordings were gone.  I called Dish and spoke with Elizabeth.  After very long conversation and several holds I was told that this was a “onetime thing” and I could go to search and re-record the lost shows.  That is absurd.  I was then told that I could upgrade for $15.00 more a month, or I could be compensated $1.99 for one month’s bill for my inconvenience. A years’ worth of recordings gone.  Really bad customer relations.

Am I being forced into an upgrade? I now believe that I can no longer trust Dish to save and record my programs why would I want to upgrade?

DISH Employee

Hello Oonagirl. Thanks for reaching out to us. We understand losing your recordings can be very frustrating. One option is to get an external hard drive and save the recordings there. That way even if you have to replace the receiver the recordings can be transferred by simply connecting the external hard drive to the new receiver. For more info on the external hard drive option and system requirements check this link: https://www.mydish.com/external-hard-drive