satellite internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

satellite internet

wivrrat
Extra
I have been a DISH customer for almost 20 years. I added internet a few years back and being I don't spend much time at my mountain cabin in the winter, I called to have dish disconnect me till summer. I was told there was no way to do that other than removing the modem on the dish and mailing it to dish. Then they offered me a snow bird deal of only paying $20.00 a month for 6 months. I opted for that.
Recently I had to go to my cabin after a severe storm hit my cabin. I thought I would try my internet connection. I was able to connect and got my emails for that day. As I continued, my internet connection was disconnected. I could not access the internet.
So DISH does have a way to disconnect you without removing the modem, they only want to get my $20.00 for 6 months. I will be re-considering my options this summer and may remove DISH altogether. Very disappointed as a long, long time customer. COMPLETE RIP OFF.
2 Replies

Re: satellite internet

For assistance with our internet we will need you to call 1-800-333-3474. We are unable to Pause accounts that have internet on them.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Re: satellite internet

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You can't pause the internet. What they were telling you is to either cancel the service or reduce it to minimum with a credit. Atleast that is how it used to be. I couldn't tell you now, it's been a few years.