question: Do You have Hughesnet through Dish?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question: Do You have Hughesnet through Dish?

JudyVinAZ
Extra
Do you have Hughesnet through Dish, and do you like it?
We are RURAL, with no Internet Service. Trying to get Cox Cable to put lines out here, is like an Act of Congress, and you know how that goes!
I am interested in knowing more. Heck, they get Internet in Afghanistan, why can't I get good high speed where I am? Sounds like HughesNet is the way to go, but I went with them several years ago, and didn't like how they slowed down horribly. I just don't know if I trust it, and want to know if YOU do.

Thanks.
4 Replies

Re: question: Do You have Hughesnet through Dish?

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
Do you get good cell signals from any of the major carriers? There are some excellent unlimited cell data plans available at very reasonable prices now.

KathyB
Extra
Dish has already moved their customers, secretively, to Hughesnet. I have not spoken directly to Cust Svc to confirm that 100% but rather through chat, who could not help me with internet issues! For the past several months, I've been constantly booted off, sometimes happening all day long. I'm here searching for others that may have the same problem, before I contact dish. Hughesnet is unbelievably expensive!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
DishNet has been HughesNet primarily since 2012, when they bought HughesNet. Before that they partnered with Wildblue.

FSFT57
Character Actor
JudyVinAZ wrote:
Do you have Hughesnet through Dish, and do you like it?
We are RURAL, with no Internet Service. Trying to get Cox Cable to put lines out here, is like an Act of Congress, and you know how that goes!
I am interested in knowing more. Heck, they get Internet in Afghanistan, why can't I get good high speed where I am? Sounds like HughesNet is the way to go, but I went with them several years ago, and didn't like how they slowed down horribly. I just don't know if I trust it, and want to know if YOU do.

Thanks.

I have HughesNet for internet as we are rural too. I have the 10G anytime and 50G (2am-8am) and have never used my capacity allotment. But we don't watch videos that much and when we do, its during the off peak time before 8AM.