obsolete equipment and increasing prices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

obsolete equipment and increasing prices

blasterz777
Extra
I just got off the phone with the cancellations dept. as i want to cancel service. I have the 1st gen hopper (blockbuster) with 2 joeys and a 211 for RV. paying over $120 for latino max and no movie channels. 10+ year customer. Got offer for $40 discount monthly for a year only. asked about getting new hopper and they want $100???? I should have had my equipment replaced free a long time ago, as my hopper doesnt even have Netflix, which I use regularly and have to use a different device to stream it. Doesn't make sense, thinking about cancelling alltogether as there are some nice options out there like Directv new offers, Directv Now, Playstaion Vue as well for a lot less. They did not even verify my actual equipment to see wether a service visit is really necessary becuse I think I already have a hybrid LNB which would make the equipment upgrade just a swap. And even if it isn't this equipment is still obsolete. did not even get offered movie channels free for x amount of time either. any thoughts? I would have accepted the offer if they had upgraded my equipment and given me HBO for a year like last time.
1 Reply

Re: obsolete equipment and increasing prices

DISH Employee
Equipment upgrades come at a great cost to DISH. The regular price for this receiver is $350.00, but we offer it to you for just $100.00. Promotions may be available for existing customer and are based off of account history. Please send us a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN.