cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

is it possible to postpone service to try out another one

kynshiro
Camera Crew
is it possible to postpone dish service to try out another one like playstation vue or directv now. i am paying $100 for flex package, locals, dvr service, kids pack, dish protection, wireless joey and super joey. I just want to be sure before dropping dish that my family would enjoy another service besides dish. for $60 i can get more channels on ps vue than i get with dish. and play them on all my devices with out extra fees.
5 Replies

Re: is it possible to postpone service to try out another on

peggyrh
Associate Producer
You can put your account on hold - however, you're probably in a 2 yr contract so it will cost you to go to another service. If you put your account on hold I think you lose any discounts you might be getting, be sure to do your research first.

stile99
Cinematographer
You can 'suspend' service for a time, but it does not cancel your contract. What it does cancel is any incentives you may currently have. It's also not free, I believe something like $5-10/month, and no, those months do not apply towards your contract period.

So 'literally' the answer is yes, but the way you mean it, functionally the answer is no.

kynshiro
Camera Crew
i have been with dish for 10 years. If I do have a contract is probably when i upgraded to dish hopper 2 two years ago. i like dish but with for those extras fees my bill could be smaller.

DISH Employee
kynshiro wrote:
i have been with dish for 10 years. If I do have a contract is probably when i upgraded to dish hopper 2 two years ago. i like dish but with for those extras fees my bill could be smaller.

We do appreciate you being with us for 10+ years and if you can PM me with the phone number and 4-digit PIN I will do everything I can to keep you in our DISH family!

kynshiro
Camera Crew
maybe i should get rid of superjoey. i also am experimenting with getting a tablo receiver or hdhomerun for locals. recentley i got a free 5 day free trial of ps vue and its good. no extra charges for DVR but no locals yet.