dish outdoors vs pay as you go

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dish outdoors vs pay as you go

ljvaldivia
Extra
Is there a difference between the pay as you go for Dish for My RV and the pay as you go for 'normal' dish for your home? I thought when I activated my equipment I signed up for whatever the account type is for Dish for My RV. I was told then that I just pay when I need it (for a month at a time), and stop when I don't, and restart when I do again. I even asked if when I restart it has to be on the same 'billing date' as before, and was told no, so if I current go from say the 7th of the month till the 6th of the next, but I 'suspend' on the 6th of the next month, and then maybe 2 1/2 months later I am ready to take my RV out again, I call to activate it again, say on the 15th, and I pay for a month then, and it goes from the 15th of the month to the 14th of the following month. I also asked about the $40 charge to activate the DRV function and asked what happened when I 'suspended' for a few months, did I have to pay the $40 to activate that again, and was told no, it would be in my account info that I already paid it. One time, that's it. But I was just told by customer service that unless I had 'paused' my account and paid $5 a month while it was paused, my account would be totally cancelled and when I wanted it again, I'd have to pay to activate the DRV again. That was the first I ever heard about 'pausing' a dish for my rv (or dish outdoors, or whatever it is called) account. And if it is going to be 'totally cancelled', how would I activate it again by simply giving them my phone# or account@? What the heck?
Tags (2)
2 Replies

Re: dish outdoors vs pay as you go

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
Back when we first used the "Pay-As-You-Go" Flex service, all I did was not make the next month's payment to stop the service. Restarting just took a quick phone call and payment for the next month, and the DVR functions always worked with no additional fees. The only minor irritation was that sometimes I'd get on overdue notice, but calling CS I was always told to just ignore them. I guess we're still on that plan, but since we're now full-time RV'ers, we never stop the service any more.

Re: dish outdoors vs pay as you go

Chadt41411
Casting Director

They are the same in the nitty gritty. Some differences that may apply is in the Flex24 promotion that requires a 24 month contract, and you don't have to purchase your equipment, but you cannot turn it on and off as you please under the contract. Once month to month, they are the same(unless it is still leased equipment on the account).