cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

contract end date

jillyb1173
Character Actor
I was wondering if I can find out when my contract with Dish ends on the Dish App. I'm so disappointed by the fact that we no longer have access to HBO, CINEMAX and God knows what may come next, this really is a deal breaker for my family and I as we watch several HBO series and have for years now. Does anyone know or have thoughts about this? Thank you for your time and input! I really appreciate this!
5 Replies

Re: contract end date

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

Well, I've only been with DISH for 4 weeks so I know that my contract ends in November, 2020. I haven't been able to find a way with the DISH app or online to get a clear answer to the length of the contract but I'm certain that you should be able to get an answer from support via chat or phone. We came to DISH after the current face-off between DISH and ATT/Directv/HBO began because we realized that we were not watching HBO as much as the other premium channels. Yes, there were some series that we had watched but it was simply not worth it to us to remain customers of Directv after what ATT did to their service. Thus far, DISH has been a HUGE improvement. Recent articles in the business/media circles suggest that these disputes and blackouts will be the way of the future as mega mergers continue to create monopolies. 

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

FYI There are other ways to subscribe to HBO without using cable or satellite (Amazon, Apple TV, ROKU, etc.)

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

I was a DirecTV subscriber for 12 years and left for Dish about 9 months ago.  DirecTV doesn't have anything even close to the Dish Hopper 3 with its 16 tuners.  Granted I don't subscribe to any of the premium channels so I don't miss HBO or Cinemax or any of the other premium channels.

The Hopper 3 is not perfect, however it is light years ahead of any of the DirecTV receivers.  After 9 months I am very glad that I made the switch.

Kodajunior
Extra
I too am upset with no HBO. That's all I care about for boxing. I'm trying to find something that helps prove dish is in breach of contract. Dish SUCKS.

Chadt4141
Production Manager
Koda , this is very explicitly covered in the contract and service agreement...