cannot access chat feature

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot access chat feature

lllkrob9301
Extra

I cannot get CHAT to work. I click on the red CHAT button on the MY DISH page and nothing happens or the virtual assistant asks for my name and when I enter it and click SEND nothing happens.

5 Replies

Re: cannot access chat feature

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know, and I'm sorry it's been a frustrating experience.  I'd like to get some more information from you about your attempted chat sessions so we can figure out why that's been your experience.  I'll reach out to you privately, as you may not feel comfortable posting that information publicly. 

lllkrob9301
Extra

OK

dvhinc
Extra

Don't feel bad as you are not the only one. I too have the same problem. I have cleared my cookies, cache and enabled popups and I still can't get Chat to work.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lllkrob9301 and @dvhinc - would you mind answering a few questions so we can troubleshoot what's happening when you click the chat button and nothing loads?

• Which page are you on when you click the button?
  • Is Javascript enabled?
  • How quickly are you clicking the button after the page loads?
  • Which browser are you using?

Thanks!

dvhinc
Extra

Any page that has a chat now button I cannot get a response, yes javascript is enabled, I click the button once and wait for a bit but I do not even get the revolving circle of wait to appear. I am using Google chrome.

I have gone through all my settings, allowing popups , javascript, cookies enabled and whatever else I can think of.  

this happens on my 3 PC's.