adding wireless joey

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding wireless joey

Jerryc
Character Actor
We are in the process of adding a family room to our house. It is soon complete and I would like to add a tv in that room. During an online chat session the rep told me she could wave the 2 year commitment since I was a long time customer in very good standing. Since I am close to being ready to add to my system could someone tell me if she was on the level with me? I do not want to get locked in for 2 years just to add another tv to my system.
8 Replies

Re: adding wireless joey

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Adding equipment usually requires a new commitment, unless you get it in writing I wouldn't trust it either, too many have had someone give bad info. Dish also requires installation for (leased) wireless Joey's so I bought mine, now I can deactivate when not using it. Takes 5 minutes to install & no new commitment.

DISH Employee
Jerryc wrote:
We are in the process of adding a family room to our house. It is soon complete and I would like to add a tv in that room. During an online chat session the rep told me she could wave the 2 year commitment since I was a long time customer in very good standing. Since I am close to being ready to add to my system could someone tell me if she was on the level with me? I do not want to get locked in for 2 years just to add another tv to my system.

Hello Jerry. Thank you for being a long time customer. Having an agent tell you in chat or "in writing" that there is no agreement should be sufficient. The other way to avoid an agreement is to purchase the equipment. If that were the case, you could sell it at a later date too.

Jerryc
Character Actor
Where can you purchase a wireless joey? I don't see them listed on dishes online store. Any idea how much they cost?

peggyrh
Associate Producer

There are a couple of retailers online, (Solid Signal & Dish Depot are reliable) sometimes Amazon & eBay as well. I paid less than $90 for Joey & wireless access point year & a half ago, prices seem a little higher now. Dish wanted $95 to install plus I had to purchase the access point from Dish, also new agreement - to install something I could easily do so it was cheaper for me to buy.

Recommend you contact one of the reps here first (names in orange) to see if costs are still the same.

Jerryc
Character Actor
Peggy did you buy a remote as well? Or did one come with the Joey?

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Remote came with joey I think, I have extras so not sure. Just depends on where you get it.

TrenThom86
Character Actor
I just bought another 4K Joey on amazon. I got it yesterday. Came in the dish box all wrapped up with remote, cables, and batteries just like if it come from a dish installer. Hooked it up and got it activated in about 30 minutes. It was about $30 cheaper on amazon than solid signal. I would check multiple places for it. By the way the buyer on amazon I bought from was 5 hive outlets. Great rating.

Jerryc
Character Actor
Finally was ready to add another wireless joey. Took the advice from on the board and purchased myself online. Set up could not have been simpler. Only took a few minutes and a couple minutes on the phone with dish and I was up and running. I think being on hold took longer than the rest of the process...lol