What a cluster *edited* trying to get DISH

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a cluster *edited* trying to get DISH

PaulKruger
Extra
Today is the limit. This will be the THIRD schedule day for installation. One week ago, no show had to reschedule for following Tuesday. Another no-show no call. I called to find out what's up was told "someone" canceled my order. No one knows who or why. No call. No email nothing.

Spoke to supervisor who re-created my order and promised to watch it to be sure nothing went wrong. Even promised me a gift card for the inconvenience of waiting two different days for no-shows. ( we will see )

Will two hours left for today but signs are bad when you contact on chat to verify and are told that "..dish was trying to contact me..." ( [i:3e1kd2l9]a lie, no calls on two numbers[/i:3e1kd2l9] ) but I would have to wait on hold for almost 40 minutes to find anything out. The My appointments link does now show up when I log into my account. (?)

Today is last chance. No-show terminate order. I will either get DirectTV (they suck too) or just stay with expensive Comcast.

I have never dealt with such incompetence in my life that was not connected to politics.

This is a fit subject for Better Business Bureau, Facebook and Twitter.

//Removed post with account number. Please for your security only provide account numbers and personal message in a private message.
9 Replies

Re: What a cluster *edited* trying to get DISH

DISH Employee
Can you send us a PM with your account/phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can look into this for you?

Chadt41411
Casting Director

Any names in orange are going to be DISH employees on this website. They are the only employees of Dish. They are also only a web based team, so you'd want to remove your account number from public view, and into a private message.

DISH Employee
I am an employee of DISH, and we ask that account information is sent to us in a private message rather than posted on the forum. If you prefer not to send this information, you can also give us a call at 1-800-333-3474 to speak with a representative instead.

PaulKruger
Extra
So far no call. Appointment was 9-12 with a 75 minute window by phone call to let me know on the way.

So far looks like a third no-show.

PaulKruger
Extra
Second time. Dish just decided to cancel an install with no reason, no notice or anything.

This is a pretty clear sign Karma has protected me from a big mistake. (I posted this once and it vanished)

Dishless
Character Actor
PaulKruger wrote:
Second time. Dish just decided to cancel an install with no reason, no notice or anything.

This is a pretty clear sign Karma has protected me from a big mistake. (I posted this once and it vanished)

Congrats! You're one of the lucky ones. I was not as fortunate....

wvricky2
Costume Designer
Dealing with aggravation caused from the Hopper new User Interface or a Hopper software update creating problems where there was no problem before? Hopefully, your contract, if you are bound by one, expires soon.

Nuclearnco
Extra
Your pain in the rear to JUST get service will only get worse when trying to get help or get rid of gen. You will need a lawyer sending a motorized dated memo demanding service to end by a specific date and have it sent registered mail as proof.

Your tech support will be non existent or horrible at best. As a small observation, if it's a pain to get the service or a pain to buy anything, that is when they are at their best... once your in, your on the hook and the customer support only gets way worse....

I'm leaving this poor excuse for customer service company as well. When I said that they are not helping, I was told that no one at dish has an outside line to call. Apparently, I need to take a day off from work, a govt job- no make up, and call from home when they are in the office. Really? Ayfkm?

When I identified that they are refusing to help, and that if I wanted poor customer service, that I'd just go to time warner instead, that at least then I could save money with my poor service AND, they will call my wife. The support person said the hours at which I need to call them when I'm at home... wow, obviously, they don't care.

Wife tried calling.. tech asked her if the box was plugged in? Wtf? Then asked if it was on? Then asked if she was sure that it was turned on and how did she know.... really? How insulting can they get. She is a damn military spouse, she knows to have something plugged in and know if it's turned on. She even told him what she had on the screen and what happens or not, when she pushes the buttons.

Well, we don't need this crap, or the service cutting out every time the clouds turn grey. Peace out poor customer service company, I don't tolerate being treated this way and it's my money that I worked hard for, I will give it to whom treats me the best and actually appreciates having customers.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Are you saying that you will not be available from 6 AM- 11pm pacific standard time because you'll be working? 7 days a week?