Upgrading to new Hopper

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to new Hopper

IRONMAN982
Extra
I just called to find out how much it would cost to upgrade to the new hopper from the original one that I have and was told it would $100 bucks. I can't believe that it would cost that much after being a customer for over 20 years. that's way too much. I guess no breaks for customers that have been with you all this time. I told him to forget it. Not a very nice deal.
2 Replies

Re: Upgrading to new Hopper

DISH Employee
IRONMAN982 wrote:
I just called to find out how much it would cost to upgrade to the new hopper from the original one that I have and was told it would $100 bucks. I can't believe that it would cost that much after being a customer for over 20 years. that's way too much. I guess no breaks for customers that have been with you all this time. I told him to forget it. Not a very nice deal.

There may be an upgrade fee just as with any service when you are moving into the latest technology. I would be happy to review this further if you would like to send a PM with your phone number and PIN.

Re: Upgrading to new Hopper

wvricky2
Costume Designer
Regarding the upgrade fee if one desires to upgrade to Hopper 3, it just seems that DISH should offer the option of either paying a reasonable upgrade fee, or agreeing to a new two year contract with the Early Termination Fees made crystal clear to the subscriber/customer. Especially to a customer who has been a long - term subscriber. As it is, I believe, DISH requires in most cases, both an upgrade fee and a new two year deal.
I have in my saved communications with DISH, an offer from a Loyalty Department representative, granting me free Hopper 3 installation, a waiver of any upgrade fee, and the option to drop AutoPay. I hate AutoPay. I think that there may have been an implied offer of no new required 2 year contract. But I have heard and read about so many Hopper 3 bugs, I am reluctant to try it. And I am having enough trouble with this replacement Hopper I have been using 39 days. Thank you.