Upgrading to HD - finally!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to HD - finally!

ybysaiah
Extra

OK - I've been reading as much as I can to catch up but I'd appreciate some help.

Currently have 4 311s connected to 4 TVs in 4 different locations. To get HD (no DVR) can I just switch the 311s for ViP 211z or Wally receivers and then activate through Dish? If so, would I have to do them all at the same time?

Thanks

5 Replies

Re: Upgrading to HD - finally!

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Likely not. Likely you’ll need an upgrade in antenna(LNB) to get the and channels. You can purchase and install yourself and complete this, or you can have Dish just do the upgrade, but your costs should stay the exact same.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

You might want to consider the 211k instead of the 211z. You can get them remaned at dish retailers.

I switched from a 311 to a 211k 2.5 years ago when I bought a new TV. I din't have to change the LNB

Kingamer11
Extra
If you are upgrading to HD I would recommend calling in about it. There is an equipment upgrade called a migration that would allow you to get new 211's with no contract and no fees. If they need to change your LNB this would be covered by the tech as well.

DISH Employee

That is a great suggestion, Kingamer11! We can definitely assist with this type of upgrade here as well. Just send us a Private Message with your phone number and 4 digit Pin so we can get it all set up!

ybysaiah
Extra

Cool - thanks everybody - I'll contact Dish and see how it goes.