Upgrade Hopper Installation problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Hopper Installation problems

youngohy
Extra
Today I am a very unhappy dish customer. I have spent most of my work day (and I still am employed) trying to resolve an installation issue that I think is Dish's problem. I was set to change service to Direct TV and then I let a customer rep. talk me into an upgrade to Hopper 3 and a new contract. All installation was to be at no charge. Today the Dish installer came out and told me he could no longer get on the roof to upgrade the satellite. Dish put the satellite where it is on the roof 4 years ago. He told me to contact Dish to see about a private installer. I did that and after holding for in excess of 40 min, they gave me the names of installers not located in my city and when I called them they did not install in my city. After much searching on my own, I located a local installer that will get on the roof but Dish does not pay him enough to do the work and I must pay him $200.00.
I am paying to resolve an installation problem that Dish created. I have called Dish to complain and received no resolution. I am giving serious thought to cancelling everything and going back to my Direct TV Order.
Anyone else encounter this problem.
3 Replies

Re: Upgrade Hopper Installation problems

stile99
Cinematographer
Was this due to environmental conditions, or did he say they're NEVER allowed on the roof? Because if it is due to weather, I understand. Otherwise, seems to me he is in the wrong line of business if he doesn't want to climb on a roof.

youngohy
Extra
No weather problems- Dish told me that installers could no longer get on roof. Now satellites are installed at the edges of the roof so they can be reached entirely by ladder. 4 years ago dish installed my current satellite in a place where they had to walk on a part of my roof. Very upset that this became my expense

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Dish and Directv no longer get on roofs due to OSHA requirements. Retailers and contractors still can.