cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsatisfied DISH Customer

matt7319
Extra
Hello,

My name is Matthew and I was a happy and loyal DISH Customer since 2011. As of this morning I will no longer be a DISH customer starting on May 30, 2017. The reason I am leaving your service is because of a 2-year contract that was applied to my account without being informed. Terminating my account will cost me, but after what I’ve had to deal with I would rather pay an early termination fee then be held “hostage� by this contract. Let me back up and give you a little bit more information.

A few months ago I had a first generation Hopper receiver have its hard drive go bad. I was shipped a refurbished Hopper Unit as a replacement that was also defective. This defective unit was so slow it would take 30 seconds for the guide or DVR menu to appear. Even one of your technicians said the unit was slow to respond to some of the tests they were doing remotely. It was at this point DISH offered me a replacement with the newest Hopper unit. At NO point during the upgrade process was I or my Grandmother (Lorena, the name on the account) informed of this requiring a contract. Now unfortunately I was not present during the technician visit and my 77-year old Grandmother did sign a document that was apparently this contract. Again, she was never informed of this being a new contract, and she would have never signed it having known she was.

During my call this morning when I made my decision to cancel the account, a supervisor in the cancellation department tried to “win me back� by pointing out that other providers in my area would also require me to agree to a contract (not true). My question is what type of business has DISH become where it is deemed acceptable to justify a low standard as being acceptable by comparing it to competition?

I have enjoyed your service for the past 6 years, but unfortunately I cannot tolerate this sort of mistreatment and deception.

It is my hope that DISH takes the correct action by improving their policies to ensure this happens to no one else and remove the early termination fee from my account.

An Unsatisfied DISH Customer,
Matthew & Lorena
5 Replies

Re: Unsatisfied DISH Customer

DISH Employee
matt7319 wrote:
Hello,

My name is Matthew and I was a happy and loyal DISH Customer since 2011. As of this morning I will no longer be a DISH customer starting on May 30, 2017. The reason I am leaving your service is because of a 2-year contract that was applied to my account without being informed. Terminating my account will cost me, but after what I’ve had to deal with I would rather pay an early termination fee then be held “hostage� by this contract. Let me back up and give you a little bit more information.

A few months ago I had a first generation Hopper receiver have its hard drive go bad. I was shipped a refurbished Hopper Unit as a replacement that was also defective. This defective unit was so slow it would take 30 seconds for the guide or DVR menu to appear. Even one of your technicians said the unit was slow to respond to some of the tests they were doing remotely. It was at this point DISH offered me a replacement with the newest Hopper unit. At NO point during the upgrade process was I or my Grandmother (Lorena, the name on the account) informed of this requiring a contract. Now unfortunately I was not present during the technician visit and my 77-year old Grandmother did sign a document that was apparently this contract. Again, she was never informed of this being a new contract, and she would have never signed it having known she was.

During my call this morning when I made my decision to cancel the account, a supervisor in the cancellation department tried to “win me back� by pointing out that other providers in my area would also require me to agree to a contract (not true). My question is what type of business has DISH become where it is deemed acceptable to justify a low standard as being acceptable by comparing it to competition?

I have enjoyed your service for the past 6 years, but unfortunately I cannot tolerate this sort of mistreatment and deception.

It is my hope that DISH takes the correct action by improving their policies to ensure this happens to no one else and remove the early termination fee from my account.

Matthew & Lorena

I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience and that you have ended service with us. Our goal is to provide each customer with the most positive, professional experience. For further review of this, please send a PM with the phone number and PIN. We are glad to help.

sshields05
Extra
matt7319 wrote:
Hello,

Matthew & Lorena

I hear you Matthew, I been with them for a year maybe 2, my contract should be up, went on the website and chat room is suppose to be open and its not, I changed programs after getting my bill cut off or suspended without contact, my protection has been cancelled so many times its pathetic, every time I had to restore my services or channels got hit with a contract extension, when I worked and my husband worked bill was always paid on time, now that he is on social security and current bill due is 136.00 and payday is not till the 24th, and I cannot get an extension because of some pay in advance based on my credit crap, I now have no television, unless fixed by the 24th, I too am cancelling my contract and going back to cable.

Edited Post and removed language**MOD

DISH Employee
Matthew, can you send a PM with your account/phone number and 4 digit PIN?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Contracts are only renewed when you upgrade or add equipment. Restarting does not restart a new contract.

matt7319
Extra
Thank you for the assistance JessicaR. I was able to get in contact with someone that validated my statement and removed the contract.

I will still be canceling my service for being put through this whole ordeal, but I appreciate DISH doing the correct thing and wish you the best.