Unhappy with recent upgrade and customer service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy with recent upgrade and customer service

jsullivan50
Character Actor

I called last week to cancel my service due to I was going to go with Hulu. The rep seemed knowledgeable and talked me into staying with dish. He told me he was going to set me up with the Hopper 3 and that my 2 other LG TVs could down load the mydish anywhere app and I could watch tv that way. I thought that was pretty cool! He also said that he was going to keep me at my 11 month on my contract and also get me HBO Stars and Showtime free for 3 month. Also was very happy about this too! When the dish installer shows up at my house 4 days later and ask me what he was to install. I told him what the sale rep told me about the Hopper 3 and down loading the my dish app for my TVs. Dish installer started to laugh and had to call another employee to see what I was talking about. Dish installer told me the dish sales rep was wrong and that I had go buy 2 fire sticks to get my other TVs to work. Was not happy about this because I could of stayed with Hulu and had not to buy anything else to make my TVs work. Next I find out I was put back at 24 months with dish and I am only getting Stars and Showtime free for 3 months. This upset me very much do to pretty much everything I was told by the dish rep over the phone was a lie! I then called and asked to talk to a manager and was told by him to give him 48 hours to look into this and he would get back to me. That was last Wednesday! It is almost a week later and now I am going to have to call again and sit on the phone for hours to see if someone can help me. I should have just went with Hulu do to you get what you pay for and there is no contract you can be stuck in. I have been a dish customer for 10 years now and I have had no problems until now. This has to be the worst company I have ever dealt with do to they have to lie to there customers to keep them. What a great business plan to keep customers!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unhappy with recent upgrade and customer service

DISH Employee

Jsullivan, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our goal at DISH is to provide the best customer experience, and I hate to hear that we did not meet this expectation with you. I will submit your feedback to our Executive Team so that we can work on preventing this from happening in the future. Please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I submit this for you. 

11 Replies

jsullivan50
Character Actor
So just got off the phone with dish and after 45 minutes and 3 different people I was able to get an answer on how long it takes for dish to get back to you when you make a complaint. It take up to 14 days! Also found out if dish sell you on the dish anywhere app DONT DO IT! Because you can only stream one device at a time. One more thing I was not told on 7/13/18 by the customs service representative that promised me the world to stay with dish. I sure hope some one calls me back with in the 14 days that I was told. I do have to say my experience with the manager today was very good and she was able to answer one of the questions I have had. Then I was sent to teck support to find out I can only stream one tv at a time with the dish anywhere app. Still not happy with paying for something that I was told would works one way and finding out that it was not at all what I was told.

DISH Employee

Jsullivan, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our goal at DISH is to provide the best customer experience, and I hate to hear that we did not meet this expectation with you. I will submit your feedback to our Executive Team so that we can work on preventing this from happening in the future. Please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I submit this for you. 

jsullivan50
Character Actor
How do I private message you?

DISH Employee

You can do this by clicking the mail icon on the top right corner of the page and click New Message. You will need to type in my username in the Send To field. Then you will be able to send a Private Message. 

anssad
Extra

I have been a dish customer since 2009. You upgraded to a new software. I was up to several days ago validate myself as a dish subscriber to verify getting my streaming services on apple TV or amazon fire stick. As a result of this new software upgrade I cannot verify that I am dish subscriber 

Since I have worked in IT and other information systems

1. This is unforgiveable. Transferring a data base of customers from one system to a new system should not be a monumental and if this happen , it means  that there is incompetence on your IT staff who did upgrade. One solution is down grade to the previous system or have a work around. YOU DO NOT HAVE A WORKAROUND WHICH IS LUDICROUS

2. Obviously I suspect with this new upgrade you are trying to limit Dish subscription to one device and I suspect you are going try to charge to use the subscription on more multiple devices (apple TV, firestick, etc) I suspect that this is intent of your new upgrade

3. You have failed to notify me of this problem which is also unforgivable. 

DISH Employee

anssad, we definitely want to get to find out what is going on with your account so that you can continue to enjoy all of the programming your subscribe to. What services are you attempting to access that are no longer showing that you are subscribed to DISH? Is this only happening on the streaming services or are you also getting an error message on your TV for those channels?

anssad
Extra

I still  the get dish TV services via receiver. In the past for example i was using apple TV device or amazon fire stick and requires me to download applications that use streaming video services, they verify that I am dish subscriber to activate my device for the service (like paramount net, TNT, history channel et)  Up to last week I was able to do this  I will be forwarded to identity1.dishnetwork.com and could login. Everytime I get in I put my old username and password but it states it is invalid.  Icannot create an new online account using either dish receiver number and pin or SSN or phone number.

The community(Tuscany Villas in Painted Mountain ) did upgrade to higher internet speed last week and maybe the link to verify subscriber one  has changed. 

anssad
Extra

I still  the get dish TV services via receiver. In the past for example i was using apple TV device or amazon fire stick and requires me to download applications that use streaming video services, they verify that I am dish subscriber to activate my device for the service (like paramount net, TNT, history channel et)  Up to last week I was able to do this  I will be forwarded to identity1.dishnetwork.com and could login. Everytime I get in I put my old username and password but it states it is invalid.  Icannot create an new online account using either dish receiver number and pin or SSN or phone number.

The community(Tuscany Villas in Painted Mountain ) did upgrade to higher internet speed last week and maybe the link to verify subscriber one  has changed. 

DISH Employee

I can definitely take a look into that for you and see if that may be the cause for this log in issue, anssad. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin on your account so I may access it?

To send a Private Message:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message