Have been on the phone waiting to cancel Dish service now. Been listening to nice music.
Reason for cancel, is because my TV service no longer works.
Week ago, found that my 722k was faulty (after many years of good TV service). Tech support sent another 722k, but after a day or two of TV service coming back, now the receiver no longer starts up.
Shows "Dish Network Starting Up" for 10 seconds, and then screen goes blank and you can hear the machine trying to rev up.
I need TV, so I need to cancel. Any help is appreciated.
was able to reach a person after a 45 minute wait.
Aaron was the rep's name, very very polite.
He very nicely:
1) asked for the reason for cancellation
2) offered technical support
3) offered reduction in fees
4) offered to put the account on hold
5) after I refused 2, 3, 4, helped to complete the cancellation
Thank you DISH for a great 11 years. Rough last couple weeks but maybe will return if other services do not work out.