Triple Play/Double Play

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple Play/Double Play

PortlandChris
Camera Crew
Is DISH interested in being part of an ala carte bundle?

My Hoppers were one of the first to be issued, they are starting to fail. I want a faster internet line and its not going to be the telco with the slow DSL, it's going to be the cable guys instead for internet.

But cable has good deals on Triple Plays and Double Plays.

But I like Dish, but DISH is going to need to do something for me to keep them to be part of an ala carte Triple Play I build. Will Dish play? Short term promos are not something I am overly interested in, looking for the better rate over the long term when I combine all of these.
10 Replies

Re: Triple Play/Double Play

DISH Employee
Hello PortlandChris. DISH does offer the Flex Pack, which gives you over 40 of the most popular channel for $34.99 a month. You can add additional channel packages that allow more customized viewing. You also have the ability to bundle your Internet and TV with DISH. You can check out the details of these offers on www.MyDISH.com.

Re: Triple Play/Double Play

PortlandChris
Camera Crew
SamuelH wrote:
Hello PortlandChris. DISH does offer the Flex Pack, which gives you over 40 of the most popular channel for $34.99 a month. You can add additional channel packages that allow more customized viewing. You also have the ability to bundle your Internet and TV with DISH. You can check out the details of these offers on http://www.MyDISH.com.


That's not what I am talking about. Flexpack is not what I am interested in.

Does DISH want to work with me on an ala carte triple play or double play like package? Look, I get it, DISH doesn't have the capability to offer this kind of complete set up. But while DISH is okay and I am happy, there is a substantial discount with going to cable to get these package deals.

Re: Triple Play/Double Play

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Flex pack is the closest you'll get to an ala carte lineup for a long time coming. What you see online is what is available, and no reps, not even the Office of the President, can change that. It's well above their pay grade as well.

Re: Triple Play/Double Play

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Chris, I too have to pay more for decent Internet through cable - going through Dish only offers DSL service locally for discounted packages. That means much slower service so I gave in & pay for cable Internet which is more expensive but faster & provides a better overall experience. Discounted DSL service is 1/3 speed of cable where I live.

Re: Triple Play/Double Play

PortlandChris
Camera Crew
Chadt4141 wrote:
Flex pack is the closest you'll get to an ala carte lineup for a long time coming. What you see online is what is available, and no reps, not even the Office of the President, can change that. It's well above their pay grade as well.


I am NOT going to a flex pack, I have looked at those and find those plans largely not conducive to the channels I watch. That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about a package deal of phone, internet, TV. The bundles offer better value. While all the companies around Dish have been diversifying, Dish has largely stood still. This is why today it lags the other providers....and loses more customers each quarter than it gains.

I understand what you are saying, but Dish is going to have to get with the times, or they'll lose more and more customers.

Many years ago Dish did partner with the telephone company, but then one day Directv took over as partner for the telephone company.

Re: Triple Play/Double Play

hddn
Visual Engineer
Umm… the telephone company BOUGHT DirecTV. :)

So if you own a broadband company and are interested in buying Dish, sure, see what you can work out. As for getting with the times, I think that's what Sling TV is about. I don't use it myself - streaming isn't that great on my $15 internet service, but dropping conventional TV and putting all the money into the internet bandwidth is some people's choice. I think a pretty good triple play is: $40 for flex pac, $15 DSL, and $8 cell phone service from Tracfone. I know another guy who uses cable Internet plus Netflix only, but his internet alone is $70. To each his own.

Re: Triple Play/Double Play

stile99
Cinematographer
PortlandChris wrote:
I want a faster internet line and its not going to be the telco with the slow DSL, it's going to be the cable guys instead for internet.


If you think DSL is slow internet (and I most certainly agree with you) you shouldn't even think about considering satellite internet. While they do have their uses in certain situations, I believe you would also be quite disappointed with a satellite phone, especially if you are entertaining the idea of it being a landline replacement.

Re: Triple Play/Double Play

PortlandChris
Camera Crew
stile99 wrote:
PortlandChris wrote:
I want a faster internet line and its not going to be the telco with the slow DSL, it's going to be the cable guys instead for internet.


If you think DSL is slow internet (and I most certainly agree with you) you shouldn't even think about considering satellite internet. While they do have their uses in certain situations, I believe you would also be quite disappointed with a satellite phone, especially if you are entertaining the idea of it being a landline replacement.


I am not, nor ever was considering satellite internet.

Look, again, I can go to the cable company and pay less for a package deal that includes faster internet.

Or I can stay with DISH and get cable internet.

But I pay more overall if I stay with DISH. That is my point. I want to do my own ala carte bundle, and in order to do so, DISH needs to cut the bill some. It is that simple.

So right now DISH, DSL from Centurylink, and phone from centurylink is a LOT more than phone/internet/cable from Comcast.

Re: Triple Play/Double Play

PortlandChris
Camera Crew
stile99 wrote:
PortlandChris wrote:
I want a faster internet line and its not going to be the telco with the slow DSL, it's going to be the cable guys instead for internet.


If you think DSL is slow internet (and I most certainly agree with you) you shouldn't even think about considering satellite internet. While they do have their uses in certain situations, I believe you would also be quite disappointed with a satellite phone, especially if you are entertaining the idea of it being a landline replacement.


I am not, nor ever was considering satellite internet.

Look, again, I can go to the cable company and pay less for a package deal that includes faster internet.

Or I can stay with DISH and get cable internet.

But I pay more overall if I stay with DISH. That is my point. I want to do my own ala carte bundle, and in order to do so, DISH needs to cut the bill some. It is that simple.

So right now DISH, DSL from Centurylink, and phone from centurylink is a LOT more than phone/internet/cable from Comcast.