Tried to upgrade service no luck

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to upgrade service no luck

94viper
Extra
I currently have Americas top 120. I wanted to upgrade to Americas Top 200 as I saw online that is was $10 more a month. I called and I was told the pricing was only for new customers, I was never told that when I was with Comcast, the price online was the price that everyone is offered and you can switch at anytime with no penalty. I was told it would cost $40 more a month when online you advertise it for $10 more, then they said they could do it for $20 more. Totally deceptive as if this is the way I am treated, I will finish my contract & move on. I was never told that I could not switch packages at anytime as I was told my Prices were locked in as a new customer. Thought you were better than the other companies but my experience will not have me refer anyone for your services.

Don
5 Replies

Re: Tried to upgrade service no luck

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Sounds like you may have received some confusing information. That sounds closer to the prorated amount on top of the increase. If you go to mydish.com, login, and make the change yourself, what is the price difference on the list?

94viper
Extra
It goes up by $20 when I look on the package differences, there is only a $10 difference so they are charging me twice as much .

DISH Employee
94viper wrote:
I currently have Americas top 120. I wanted to upgrade to Americas Top 200 as I saw online that is was $10 more a month. I called and I was told the pricing was only for new customers, I was never told that when I was with Comcast, the price online was the price that everyone is offered and you can switch at anytime with no penalty. I was told it would cost $40 more a month when online you advertise it for $10 more, then they said they could do it for $20 more. Totally deceptive as if this is the way I am treated, I will finish my contract & move on. I was never told that I could not switch packages at anytime as I was told my Prices were locked in as a new customer. Thought you were better than the other companies but my experience will not have me refer anyone for your services.

Don

The price difference between the Top 120 to the Top 200 is $15 per month and between the Top 120+ to the Top 200 is $10 per month, based on [url:2ljrlkdx]http://www.mydish.com/upgrades/english-packages[/url:2ljrlkdx] pricing.

If you are in the middle of your new customer promotion, the cost difference between the Top 120 and the Top 200 is $20 per month. As the pricing can be viewed online for new customer pricing online at [url:2ljrlkdx]http://www.dish.com[/url:2ljrlkdx]

When ever adding or upgrading packages there will be a prorated amount for services from the day its added on through the end of the current billing cycle. If you pay for the services in advance, we would need to process any prorated amount through the most recent bill that was generated.

94viper
Extra
So what you are saying is if you have all the packages available at a certain price when you start, & you have a change of thought & want to select one of the other packages that you were offered when you signed up, you are not allowed to get that price because you are always in the middle of the promotion because it is set for 2 years & you are stuck with the one that you initially picked?

Like I said, this is how you treat your current customers, I will be gone after my contract ends. Other companies have a set price for a package & switching you just go back to the price that is advertised FOR EVERYBODY.

Community Manager
Community Manager
You may not be seeing the price with discounts online. It would be best if we had the opportunity to review your account ourselves and go forward from there, as this would be the most accurate way to give you price.

Can you PM me your account number and four digit PIN? Thanks!