Tell Me Why

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell Me Why

kgm032
Camera Crew
My 2 years is up in 2 days....give me one good reason not to bolt. Besides the on going battle with the DVR missing recordings, miss filing recordings, breaking a recording into multiple parts and recording black screens (and no the show was on the recording is just a black screen). I have this new "improved" SSSLLLLLÃ’OOOOOOOOWWWW DVR (except for fast forward which is too fast) to deal with, way more easily lost signal than I ever had with DTV and looming $32 price increase though they will give me a 15 to 17 dollar savings if I agree to another 2 year commitment (I don't think I want to be locked into this again). All too watch about 20 to 25 of the "200 plus" channels. Packs are a joke, can't get the channels I do want, but still loaded up with stations I don't watch. Sad part is of the options I am interested in (vue, hulu, youtube, Dish now and sling) the only one that meets my needs is Sling and that scares the cr@p out of me because they are owned by Dish and as the new interface shows, Dish can't create well coded apps. One good reason.....
3 Replies

Re: Tell Me Why

TrenThom86
Character Actor
It kind of seems that you have already made up your mind to cancel dish but I'll give my opinion since you ask. Also I am not trying to sway you in any way because it makes no difference to me. Every time I say I'm just gonna go the streaming route I always go back to dish. I just like being able to turn on the tv and have something on in a matter of seconds and it has all the channels I want. Except for a couple. The hopper 3 is very fast as are the 4K joeys and I've had no issues out of any of them with recordings or timers. I guess the convenience is worth the extra money to me. I have tried all those streaming services except YouTube. My favorite was sling. The UI is great and I never had any problems watching anything or using the dvr. Only wish there were more app authentication like HBO Go. Sling also has no discovery channels. Vue was great also. They had one of my locals. The RSNs weren't right. Had to use fox sports go to see mlb that should be available in my area. Vue also had less channels than sling. Directv now was ok. I never had any issues that people were complaining about. Only two downfalls was no dvr and I don't like giving money to AT&T. Hulu sucked in my opinion. No channel guide. Was all in the same new crappy Hulu app. I canceled after first day of trial. Very slim channel selection also. In all of the streaming apps to get the channels I want, I would have to have the largest packages which made them around $90 month. 75 for vue. I believe Vue's prices just increased though. All of the steaming services offer packs just like dish does. They make choose multiple Add-ons just for one channel.

TrenThom86
Character Actor
I think if you go with a hopper 3, you will be much happier. I would also go with 4K joeys over the Joey 2.0. Although the 4K Joey doesn't have Netflix it is as fast as the hopper 3. The Joey 2 has a noticeable lag. They are same monthly price. You could avoid a contract if you buy the equipment but that gets expensive depending on what you want. I recently bought a new 4K Joey on amazon. Had it set up and activated in 30 minutes. Spent longer on hold than anything. Just a thought.

MarieG
Extra
Why can I no longer tell what tv etc, living room, bedroom 1 or bedroom 2; a show that we are watching will be Interrupted while recording another show. I use to be able by the color of the icon on the guide as to the tv to be used.

Thanks