Subscription question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription question

stooges
Extra
A couple years ago we subscribed to Dish, and when we would go to our vacation house we would take a receiver with us. Lived in Los Angeles and our vacation house was in Arizona, right on the border. We used to get the LA locals which made it nice.

Sold primary home & moved into vacation house and currently have cable. Thinking about signing up with Dish again, but was wondering is there anyway to receive the LA locals?
5 Replies

Re: Subscription question

peggyrh
Associate Producer
No out of market locals (law has changed for pay TV), you can only get whatever locals are provided for your zip code.

stooges
Extra
peggyrh wrote:
No out of market locals (law has changed for pay TV), you can only get whatever locals are provided for your [b:4bo4imxa]zip code[/b:4bo4imxa].

So if I could use my daughters physical address, in Los Angeles, for billing purposes it could be done?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Go to Dish's webpage and put the zip code of your physical location in AZ. I beleive right on the border gets LA.

stooges
Extra
Chadt4141 wrote:
Go to Dish's webpage and put the zip code of your physical location in AZ. I beleive right on the border gets LA.

Thx but when I punch in the zip Phoenix locals come up.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
That is what locals you'd get then. Unfortunately, due to the networks complaining about it, distant locals are no more a thing.