Service Move - Cancellation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Service Move - Cancellation

mcollard
Character Actor
I would disagree. Dish has a contractual obligation to provide service at least to the box or LNB. If they cannot do that because the housing assoc doesn't allow them, that's actually on their side as failure to perform/execute the services and terms of contract.

Luckily, this is for the judge to decide. And not us.

Hey, I'm just trying to save Dish the collections activity. If you/they don't want to play ball, the outcome will be worse for them.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Actually that is not true. You own the antenna and cabling. They have a contractual obligation to cover the area. Beyond that, it is the customers responsibility. And again, it is covered in your contract. "Moving does not void your contract". It's in black and white.

mcollard
Character Actor
So let me get this straight, they gave me the antenna, LNB and cable? I probably shouldn't have left it at the old house then. :P

That's just an end run to avoid responsibility for the unit.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
They did give you the antenna, lnb and cabling. You can choose to bring it with you or leave it. Back on choices. The fact that you knew you could leave it, should open insight that it was yours. The signal is there, whether you brought the equipment with you to receive it. You also said that you don't want to sue the HOA for OTARD violations, which means, it is your choice, again. Dish has met their responsibility, you are choosing not to meet yours. That is why the ETF is valid for you.

stile99
Cinematographer
mcollard wrote:
the outcome will be worse for me.

Corrected that for you.
Highlighted

stile99
Cinematographer
Aw crap, I fell for the bait.

You think you come from a position of power. You think you can make a deal to return the equipment IF you are let out of your contract. You are wrong. The cost of the equipment will simply be added to your bill, as you have already agreed.

As for your threat of a judge making the decision...you THINK you are in a position of power, but you're not. A judge will never hear one word of this. If you actually pay for a lawyer, the lawyer is going to charge you a couple hundred dollars to explain the concept of arbitration to you.

You've already lost, and since this exact topic has been covered in this forum before, I think you know it and are trolling. You got me, good one. Thank you for the Sunday morning diversion, it's been quite entertaining, but you're done now.

Good luck. You'll need it.

hddn
Visual Engineer
mcollard wrote:
I would disagree. Dish has a contractual obligation to provide service at least to the box or LNB.

mcollard wrote:
So let me get this straight, they gave me the antenna, LNB and cable? I probably shouldn't have left it at the old house then.

Um, well if want to play those kind of games, isn't Dish still meeting any (made up) obligation to provide service? The service is just - over there where you left it! :D

You can't even tell I have a dish unless you stand in my back yard and look nearly straight up. And there are all kinds of ways to disguise a dish. That said, if you want to leave Dish, just pay, return what they want and go. You can check the contract yourself but I don't think it has any exceptions in it for HOAs.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
hddn wrote:
mcollard wrote:
I would disagree. Dish has a contractual obligation to provide service at least to the box or LNB.

mcollard wrote:
So let me get this straight, they gave me the antenna, LNB and cable? I probably shouldn't have left it at the old house then.

Um, well if want to play those kind of games, isn't Dish still meeting any (made up) obligation to provide service? The service is just - over there where you left it! :D

You can't even tell I have a dish unless you stand in my back yard and look nearly straight up. And there are all kinds of ways to disguise a dish. That said, if you want to leave Dish, just pay, return what they want and go. You can check the contract yourself but I don't think it has any exceptions in it for HOAs.

It doesn't.

mcollard
Character Actor
The dish wasn't original on my service, it was already at the rental. I'm not sure whose it is, but I just left it there for the next guy.

Yep, I always approach everything from a position of power. It may become that I'm wrong.

However this could easily have been avoided by Dish. I appreciate the reason for the early termination fees, it's to protect the company from customers who jump from provider to provider.

I've been a customer for a long time, and I think I just lost my taste for it.

Thank you for your inputs. I was hoping to get a Dish representative to assist me in lowering or cancelling the early termination fee. This just shows me I need to try harder.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Even reusing an old antenna, you take ownership. By leaving t, you gave ownership to the next guy, but that isn't important.

The purpose of the ETF is not to prevent people from jumping every 2 years. For each installation or upgrade, it is several hundred dollars invested. That is paid back in increments of approx $11 per month. The ETF, and being prorated, is a way to recoupe some of that investment should you decide to leave early. In actuality, it takes approx 5 years to recoupe the initial installation and 3-4 years per upgrade. This does not include the credits or additional channels provided, and many other factors. That is the purpose of the ETF.