Remotes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remotes

greenrock6
Extra
A month ago, I requested a tech to come and replace and reprogram my 9 + year old remotes. I was told that such would not happen. As the numbers are nearly worn off and the 3 is stubborn, I immediately deleted my protection agreement and all my premium channels. Now I am saving nearly $80 per month. At what point will my savings be enough to pay a tech to visit, replace, and reprogram my remotes? Or must I switch to Direct for 2 years to get updated equipment? My "All Channel" guide does not even show all the channels.
Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: Remotes

Chadt41411
Casting Director

Techs don't come to program remotes. They ship them to you, and you program them.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
The rest of us buy new remotes when we need them.

DISH Employee
greenrock6 wrote:
A month ago, I requested a tech to come and replace and reprogram my 9 + year old remotes. I was told that such would not happen. As the numbers are nearly worn off and the 3 is stubborn, I immediately deleted my protection agreement and all my premium channels. Now I am saving nearly $80 per month. At what point will my savings be enough to pay a tech to visit, replace, and reprogram my remotes? Or must I switch to Direct for 2 years to get updated equipment? My "All Channel" guide does not even show all the channels.

Hello, we'd be more than happy to assist you with replacing worn remotes. We would not normally send technicians to program them, however, we can walk through step by step instructions with you to ensure they are programmed to your satisfaction. Also, if you have the DISH Protect Plan they will be covered and be shipped at no cost. If needed, please Private Message me with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code so we can assist you further. Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.