Relocation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocation

jeff84red
Extra
I am relocating to TN from AL after 10 months of service. I had the service in NC and PA for a combined usage of 10 +years. We had to discontinue dish in our temporary Condo we rented due to HOA restrictions. My new HOA has restrictions as well and may not be able to transfer my service. When I called this morning I was told bluntly I would have to pay $280 to get out of my contract early. Very Nice - not. Why does DISH not have a compensation package for those that are relocated by the same company they work for and why is it always money first instead of trying to solve the issue. Not happy
3 Replies

Re: Relocation

As you are moving to a place that has Line Of Sight, but cannot have it due to HOA rules, any early termination fee would be valid.

As a satellite subscriber you do have rights though. Here is a link which may help.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/over-air-rece ... vices-rule
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

hddn
Visual Engineer
jeff84red wrote:
why is it always money first instead of trying to solve the issue. Not happy

It makes way more sense for you to solve the issue than a company a national satellite TV company. ie: you're the one choosing exactly where to live, reading their rules, and determining how closely you intend to follow them and/or what tricks/mitigations you can get away with. (For example, my neighbors on one side can see my sat dish out of a single bedroom window and they don't care. No one else can see it.)

The ETF has nothing to do with any of this. That's about them installing some leased equipment and needing some time on the account to get back in the black. If that's a problem, you can buy your own equipment and install it yourself. Of course, this typically means that you just pay more on the front end to not pay it on the back end, but some people prefer this as they get really upset by the back-end fee.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
Refer to FCC consumer guide- installing consumer owned antennas and satellite dishes
a/k/a OTARD rules