Refusing account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refusing account

Wld8hrt
Extra
I have had DIRECTV for 30 years. It was great until ATT took over and it has been horrible ever since. I am tired of dealing with the problems and the aggravation. So,I decided to get rid of it and sign up for Dish. I was refused and was told it was because of credit. There are NO problems on any of the three major reports and my score is over 700.
I requested a copy of whatever you guys use and what came was something I have never seen before. It showed some late payment for a “television or utility service�. I could not find out what this was. I tried for three days. There was no info as to who this was or where it came from. I called directv and wasnt them. I’ve had no other service in 30 years and my directv bill has always been paid in full. I have no other utilities that have ever been late or gone unpaid. My reports show 100% on time and only 2 inquiries in two years (yours and the car I bought a few months ago - purchased with NO credit problems.)
If I can buy a $40,000 car, why can’t i watch The Simpsons?
This is rediculous. It’s TV service for Christ’s sake and I have no credit problems. Whatever this is you are looking at is not credible and is so vague it makes me feel like an idiot and a criminal. And I’m just trying to give you my business. Money is not a problem in this house. It’s the fact that you are denying me for something that doesn’t even exist on a nationally recognized, reputable credit reporting agency.
I don’t have to deal with either of you. I can just use my streaming services. But I should be able to have all the channels I want. With everyone abandoning cable and satellite, I would think you would welcome a new customer. And since I thought you were reputable, would use appropriate means of credit checking.
Also, I tried my partners information to set up an account as well. They gave me the same lame refusal. His credit is about 800. He worked for the CIA, and is the most rigid, by-the-rules guy you could ever meet. His credit is perfect. There is no way there could be a problem. I know. We’ve been together 26 years.
So something is up on your side and I would appreciate it if someone who can think for themselves and has some modicum of authority, would look into this, see the absurdity and act accordingly.
Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Refusing account

DISH Employee
I'm sorry to hear you've had this experience, this is definitely not the normal response to a new customer request!
We have third party companies that start accounts for customers, and it may have been through one of those that you were given this response. I've never heard of someone being refused a new DISH account, unless there was a previous account that had an unresolved balance.

If you were still wanting to look into Dish services you can contact our direct sales team here: 844-831-4290
You can also set up services yourself online here: http://bit.ly/2y6VLYl

Wld8hrt
Extra
Well I did sign up,finally, thought I was in for a better experience. But less than two days in and I’m not very happy here either. In the two days since install I have had to call five times and have spent over six hours on the phone trying to resolve problems. While on the fifth hour I found out that to set up a series record, that series must have a new episode playing within the next nine days! To me this is the complete opposite of what a dvr is supposed to do.
If I hear about a show I want to watch, why did I have to remember when that show premiers so that I can try and remember within nine days to look for it again so that I don’t miss an episode?? Isn’t the point of a dvr to allow you to set it and forget without having to know the day time or channel? I haven’t had anything this limiting since my old VCR! I couldn’t believe you would have a system so limiting and archaic!
With directv you could put in the name of a series, and if it hadn’t premiered yet but was to in the upcoming months you would get a screen that would tell you that and allow you to set up the series record anyway. Set and forget! This seems like a no-brainer and something every dvr had at this point in time.
One of the tech service people, around the third phone call, asked me how I was doing. When I said “not very well, am extremely frustrated and beginning to wonder if I’d made a huge mistake switching to dish�, she replied “that’s good to hear�. 🤣😭
Then, on the fifth phone call, I was cut off mid-sentence and transferred to a representative of yours, who would only go by an ID “number�of “TJM�, I was met with hostility and a lack of understanding or helpfulness. I had only had this system for two days, couldn’t set recordings, had recordings that did not set the right parameters and out of the four people I talked to no one knew the very basics of your own system. I was two steps ahead of them the whole time and felt I was teaching THEM! And again, nothing was resolved. “TJM� said that was too bad but I could still watch television so she would not help me disconnect or give me any kind of help whatsoever. Just resistance and corporate robot-speak. Why you would treat a new customer this way is beyond me.
Perhaps if I had the system for a few months and was just experiencing some new kind of problem, that might be one thing. But I have not even been a customer for two days and have spent six hours on the phone with unresolved issues and then the realization that I don’t even have a satisfactory DVR that can record a series in the near future! I am not a flake either. I was with directv for 30 years! It was only until AT&T took over and everything started to be screwed up that I decided to quit.
I don’t think that is an unreasonable set of problems for wanting to quit the service. But greed and the lack of a personal thought kept TJM� from being a decent human being and allowing me to terminate service. Much less even offer ANYTHING as a thank you and for the inconvenience! I feel as if I’ve entered into business with the mob. I would think that as a courtesy given all the problems she would help but nope. She tried to say that directv didn’t have 16 tuners, etc. but what does that matter if you can’t record anything??

Wld8hrt
Extra
I should say though, that the person “TJM� threw me over to when she decided her corporate speak was all she was going to repeat, was at least helpful and tried to resolve my problem. He also said he would put in a request to look at the software for the issues I was having. And he gave me a site to post my suggestion for the dvr to be less limiting. His “name� was Tech 4B4. He was the ONLY person I talked to who seemed to know anything about anything! Unfortunately he doesn’t even get his initials as an identifier. Only the evil limited program robots do.
I still don’t want this very limited and disappointing service. Even more so after talking to “TJM�. But I guess making people upset and getting that dollar, is more important than making someone happy with the granting of a reasonable request in light of all the issues.
So please, at the very least, if you’re not going to do right by me, give kudos to 4B4. And TJM? Give her a drip of the disdain that I have for her. And ultimately, Dish.

DISH Employee
I would like to look into this further with you. Would you be able to send me a Private Message with your phone or account number, as well as the 4-digit PIN on the account?