Refer a friend is a joke

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend is a joke

southerndad
Extra
Just so the dish company knows and anyone who can read this post, let me tell you my customer service experience. And ofcourse let me tell you my experience with your staff so hopefully you do not lose more customers besides me and the ones that listen to me and decide to find greener grass elsewhere besides here in most part for your customer service. Anyway here goes the story that is completely true. I hear that dish network is giving away a Amazon echo to their new customers free at installation. So I thought that was cool as I always thought about getting one to try out so I contact them and ask them a series of questions. One is how about your dedicated customers like myself who has been with you all for a while and pay a good bit a money a month every month for some years, how about show some loyalty to me and throw me one of those Amazon Echo dots you are giving away. Then was told no only for new customers. I explained to them that is awfully rude how that is that only new customers are getting it. So they tell me I can get someone if I refer them a customer to them. I said cool so I look around and find someone and refer them. Though me being new to referring I did not know how to do that. So I told my daughter and she says she will ask the installation guy about it and will get the referring thing all done. They guy installing for dish network tells her when she sets her account up online there is a spot for referring other people after sets up her online account. So she calls support someone in support tells her it will be there after she pays her first bill. So she waits again only to find it is not there but just a place for them to refer someone from their account. Now I am getting really upset now being told one lie after another I contact support. They tell me I am sorry sir she would of had to let us know within like the first week or two or when she fist signed up for dish network. That I was the one that had referred them. So no way I can even get anything for referring them. So listen up dish network customer service you might want to think about telling people the right thing to do before you go and start losing more customers cause I can promise you by giving me and my daughter the run around like this for a little Amazon echo dot, I will be leaving this company. Cause it really shows me the lack of respect you have for your customers not telling us from the beginning on how to refer a friend. Anyway just thought I would share this with your company before I leave so thanks for being my service while I did have you. Will contact you after the first of the year to let you know when I will be terminating service thanks again for the lack of loyalty.
Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: Refer a friend is a joke

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Like most places, you have to give the referral code at the time of sign up. You can get your code at mydish.com/refer.

peggyrh
Associate Producer

pretty easy to read the instructions beforehand, takes 2 seconds to search "Dish refer a friend"

https://www.mydish.com/customer-programs/my-referrals

Bluecoyote
Extra

I agree with you.  My brother-in-law wanted to set up TV service at two of his  places and asked me about Dish.  I said I loved it and it was easy to navigate and I would recommend it to him--I had Spectrum before.  He said he would sign up for Dish and use me as a referral.  When he signed up, he gave them my name and they old him I would get a $5.00 discount for 10 months for the referral.  (I know $5.00 a month is not much, but it's the principal of the thing.)They never told him he needed a referral code, nor did I know you needed a code.  When I called Dish yesterday to see why my bill did not reflect a discount, they told me because they never received a code.  I asked to speak to a supervisor (probably in the Philippines) he said I need a code.  Told him they never mentioned to my brother-in-law.  I said how was I to know, and he said it is on their website and that I should have looked it up.  I don't think so--I don't go into their website--only this time to write this update.  Who goes into a website just for the heck of it.  Told him I would be writing a letter of dispute, but I'm sure they receive a lot of those and ignore them.  For sure I will never refer anyone else to Dish ever again!!

DISH Employee

We are able to submit an inquiry about the missing offer on the account within seven days of activation, but we do need the referral code to submit the inquiry. You are able to get those codes from the website and we do mail/email out promotional material with the codes as well.