cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Process for canceling Dish?

mikejl46
Camera Crew

Whats the process for canceling Dish? I can't find anything in my account to cancel Dish.

5 Replies

Re: Process for canceling Dish?

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

I believe the process is very similar to Directv (which I left last November to return to DISH). You need to contact customer support either by phone or by chat. Log into "My Account" and at the bottom of the menu on the left side look for "Contact Us." You cannot cancel an account without talking to someone directly because customer reps will try to entice you to stay. 

Chadt4141
Production Manager
Can’t do it over chat. Will have to call in.

mikejl46
Camera Crew

Ok thanks,

Was hoping I could just cancel from my account.

mikejl46
Camera Crew

Have been a customer for near 20 years. I was down to what I thought was a reasonable price for a while, now we are back up where we were before, and it looks like the only way to go down in price is to cancel

For now I'm going to go with TDS tv. Going to cost me about $30 a month, for the same thing I get with dish at $80. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Hopper, but that's ok, just want to watch affordable tv.

DISH Employee

We certainly don't like seeing you unsatisfied with your billing, mikejl46, and definitely don't want to lose you from our DISH Family. If you'd like us to take a look at your account and see what options are available to help get programming you enjoy, at a rate you're comfortable with, we'd love to help! 

Please send us a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code. The steps for sending a Private Message are here:

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039