Poor Customer Service Loses Customers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Customer Service Loses Customers

MikeBranford
Extra

We’ve been satisfied DISH customers for over 2 years now....until this past weekend.  You sent a technician out to our house on Friday to hook up a new TV.  He also checked the dish alignment while he was here and said it was fine.

Since that time, we’ve been receiving the “Complete Signal Loss” message. My husband and I spent over 30 minutes on the phone this morning, and more time in an online chat and Facebook messenger chat. Only to be told (by 3 different people) that you cannot send someone to our house to fix the issue YOU caused until this Friday.  An entire week.  Are you serious??  

For a company that boasts “#1 in customer service,” it seems like an incredibly poor excuse for a business model to have no way to expedite a technician when it’s to fix an issue YOU caused in the first place!!  And to top it off, you couldn’t even accommodate the time slot that I asked for on Friday, 6/8 (morning).  So I’m stuck rearranging my schedule (instead of the other way around) to fix your screw up.  We pay on our account to cover technician visits...so I'm paying every billing cycle to wait an entire week for someone to show up to fix your screw up?  That sounds like a great deal for your company, as you screw over your customers.

If you legitimately have no way to expedite a technician, that is an issue you need to address as a company...and if you do have a way to expedite a tech, you should better educate your customer service representatives as to how to do that.  I am going to confirm today that our contract with your company is up, and as soon as it is (if it isn't already), we will be shopping for a new provider.

6 Replies

Re: Poor Customer Service Loses Customers

Chadt4141
Casting Director
If you just put in a new receiver, you likely have a new 24 month commitment.

DISH Employee

MikeBranford, the way that our appointments are scheduled is on a first come/first serve basis. I can definitely understand the frustration when it comes to such a wait for a technician.

Per customer feedback on these situations, we have added the option through your Mydish.com account and the MyDISH app to see if a sooner date becomes available due to appointment cancellations. If one is available sooner, you would be able to reschedule to that date on that same screen.

We definitely do not want to lose you as a part of our DISH family. I will be sending you a PM to see what options we have available to resolve this situation.

DKWTOW52
Extra

We us we decided to go ahead with DISH and have 6 TVs new contract.  Since then we have not had a good TV show since.  We are like the gentleman with the "Lost Signal" everyday and every night.  We have been through this for 2 and a half months, no complaining until last week.  We scheduled a technician for Sat., received an email he was scheduled and I waited 4 hours, no phone call no show.  I called DISH where they proceeded to tell me I didn't have an appointment until I read her the entire email.  She then passed me off to someone else who passed me off to someone else who said sorry we have no one today in your area so we will get one out to you tomorrow.  So, I rescheduled my whole day, missed an appointment then a no show, then I have to reschedule tomorrow and we will see what happens then.  On the phone all they can say is"sorry" "we understand" which they are not and can not.  What I want to know is if they can not keep up their end of the contract why do we have to keep up with our contract?

DISH Employee

DKWTOW52, I hate to hear that this has happened and can definitely understand your frustration. This is not the type of experience that we, at DISH, want you to have. I would be more than happy to confirm that we have your appointment scheduled. Can you send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can access your account?

Mark1953
Character Actor
I’m glad they have poor customer service because they don’t want to keep my business. Checking competition pricing I’m going to save $95.00 a month for the same channels plus free movie channels for a year. Pricing guaranteed for 2 years. Thanks dish for not negotiating with me.

DISH Employee

Mark1953, I can definitely understand your frustration, but we would hate to see you leave the DISH family. Our goal at DISH is to provide the best customer experience, and I hate to hear that you are not having a good experience. I definitely thank you for providing this feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve your DISH and viewing experience. I will submit feedback about your experience to our Executive Team.

I would be more than happy to review your account to see what offers we have available for you. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can access your account? Here is a link on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039