Poor Customer Service Chat

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Customer Service Chat

Brian5STL
Extra
Having trouble communicating with Dish on the Chat option. Phone option is worse as there's no way to get a real person. Simply disputing a late charge to my account due to a failed auto-pay processing attempt, and was told twice in the chat that they can't do anything about it.

Being a Dish customer who has never had billing issues before, this is disappointing. It appears Dish has outsourced live chat to groups who aren't as familiar with customer accounts. I had to explain over and over again what I was getting at and received zero help with the request.
2 Replies

Re: Poor Customer Service Chat

DISH Employee
This is something I can help with and to start can you PM me with the phone number and 4-digit PIN on the account?

Re: Poor Customer Service Chat

Major Havoc
Audio Engineer
I would have to agree, the chat people are not the brightest people in the place. I tried to chat to report a bug (a program was deleted with no confirmation, and no way to recover, and did NOT end up in Deleted Items.) I was quite detailed in what I did to make that happen. After asking me to wait for several minutes, the chat person came back with "Can you restate the question?" Seriously?

I guess the bug statement was not in the database, that is fine. But asking me to restate the issue? Total fail. It was a bug, NOT a technical question. If not in the database, these people should be able to report an issue that a customer takes the time to report.

Now waiting for a call back to try and report this by phone. We are 20 minutes past my promised call back time. SIGH!