New Customer - Not a good start to the relationship

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Not a good start to the relationship

AustexEgger
Extra
Years ago we were Dish customers and were happy with the service. We are in a new house and decided to go with Dish again. The sign-up was not a problem and I thought everything was good to go. Received the confirmation Email and noted that the DVR was a Hopper with Sling. As I had been doing a little research, that did not sound like the latest and greatest. Heck, the web page only mentions the Hopper with the ability to record 16 channels and all that. As a new customer, I figured I'd get the latest and greatest... Wrong. I checked via chat which receiver I was getting and was informed that it was not the Hopper 3. If I wanted that, I had to pay an additional $50! A new customer has to shell out additional cash to get new equipment? I went for it, but have to question a company that does crap like this. At no time during my call to get the service was I told that I would not be getting the DVR that was all over the Web Page. Glad I decided to check as it appears that once you get the old one, you're stuck with it. Then to top it off, I get the Email informing me of the new charge (up front of course) and it was for $53.12. Would have been nice to be informed of the total charge instead of just $50.

The whole thing has my antenna up in dealing with Dish. Not really a company I trust at this point...
2 Replies

Re: New Customer - Not a good start to the relationship

hddn
Visual Engineer
During the 17 years I've been with Dish, there have always been multiple receiver options. And when dealing with Dish itself, it has often been difficult to know exactly what piece of hardware you would get since they tend to consider certain classes or groups to be more or less interchangeable.

One of the reasons I've liked dealing with the local Dish retailer is because they will get the specific receiver out and write your name on the box while you are there so you'll know you're getting what you prefer.

Re: New Customer - Not a good start to the relationship

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Do you have a 2 or less TV set up?