Highlighted

Re: Need a new Remote Control

PISISAMI67
Extra
Yes I need a remote control replaced

peggyrh
Casting Director
You can order one from Dish site (or Amazon).

DISH Employee

Hello PISISAMI67. Are you having issues with your current remote?

Yes.   My remote control will not let me pause a program without trying 2 or three times and pressing the pause button very hard.   Also, the stop button needs to be pushed very hard to successfully stop a program and return to DVR or Live TV.   As I have been a customer since 2015 and my monthly fee is $109 when it began at $60, I believe I should be able to get a replacement with no additional cost.   I have pushed the reset button on three occasions since I last called to try to get this remote control replaced 2 weeks ago.

DISH Employee

Hey Dish1318Lowther. If you'd like to send us a private message with your account information, we would be happy to see if we can help get a remote ordered for you. Here are -step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

As I thought I was sending a message to a Dish Employee, I did not think I would need to go through a special procedure just to get action on the new Remote Control I need so I can continue to enjoy Dish Network.   I tried talking to a person.   Now I have tried sending an e-mail concerning my problem.    Please be aware, while I am enjoying my Dish Network I am seeing advertisements for Spectrem TV which combine Internate and TV for $89 per month (Less than I currently pay to Dish).   Please help me get a New Remote Control, hopefully at no cost as my enjoyment of Dish Network is greatly diminished  with the issues I have with my current remote control. 

DISH Employee

We absolutely want to get this taken care of for you so you can get back to enjoying your DISH service. We do ask that you send us a private message so we can keep your account information secure to prevent any fraudulent activity. To access youe account, please send a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code.

Here is a link to walk you through the process  of sending a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

fstephenson
Extra

I too need a remote replaced.  I am a long time customer and when I called I was told a remote would be $20.00 plus 5.99 shipping etc.  My Guide button will not allow me to do anything without trying several times or holding it down very hard.  Obviously the Guide button is worn out because all the other buttons work fine.  I do not need troubleshooting as the DISH rep. advised.  I simply need my remote replaced at no charge by Dish.  Thanks

DISH Employee

Hi there, fstephenson! I'd be happy to take a look at troubleshooting that remote with you, we want to try and get that working for you. Could you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code? You can find the How-To send a private message here:  https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039