Missleading information

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missleading information

Rick71
Extra
Yesterday I contacted customer service and accepted the renewal offer I got. When I did this I asked politely if I could upgrade my equipment with the new Hopper 3. The equipment I have is over 5 years old. The agent put me on hold for a minute and comes back yes we can do that without any extra charge. So I ask again the receiver is the Hopper 3, agent says yes the Hopper with sling. Later in the conversation I ask again if it is hopper 3 agent says yes. Today I contact customer service through chat and ask just to confirm if it is the Hopper 3 or not. She says no it is the Hopper with sling. hopper 3 will have an upgrade fee. The agent when asked several times yesterday if it was hopper 3 said yes. The agent today said there is no way we could offer you the Hopper 3 without a fee. The only one that comes with a free upgrade is the hopper with sling. When the agent had to ask his supervisor for permission to upgrade my equipment I assumed it would be the newest Hooper receiver and not an older version.
I guess I should not assume anything. or believe what the agents are telling me.

Rick
3 Replies

Re: Missleading information

DISH Employee
Can you send us a PM with your account/phone number and 4 digit PIN?

emcollett1s
Extra
I was given misleading information also when I signed up for Dish they told me they were going to give me a $200 Visa reward card and it didn't come so I called to see what was going on and they told me that somehow I'd signed up through a third party even though I called 1 800 Dish Network's number and basically have been on a phone run around for about 5 hours today. So if anybody believes what an agent has to say talking to Dish Network I feel sorry for them.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
What was the number you called to sign up?