Loss of NBC

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of NBC

Kld1104
Character Actor
This is ridiculous that DISH removed NBC and it doesn't look like it's coming back either. That's the primary channel we watch. DISH isn't cheap either and offers no credits for loss of a local channel. They expect us to continue to pay the same high rates when they take away a primary channel and in order to cancel to go with any other company that offers NBC, its $180 fee. I had been pretty pleased with dish minus the high price until they removed NBC, clearly customer satisfaction is not a high priority only money by what I have read.
Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Loss of NBC

8balljimmy
Camera Crew

I just check mine and NBC is still there also NBC sports... I pay $10.00 for locals not 180.00

@Kld1104 wrote:
This is ridiculous that DISH removed NBC and it doesn't look like it's coming back either. That's the primary channel we watch. DISH isn't cheap either and offers no credits for loss of a local channel. They expect us to continue to pay the same high rates when they take away a primary channel and in order to cancel to go with any other company that offers NBC, its $180 fee. I had been pretty pleased with dish minus the high price until they removed NBC, clearly customer satisfaction is not a high priority only money by what I have read.

stxisbest1
Character Actor

The poster was speaking of the early termination fee they would have to pay in order to switch to another provider just to get out of Dish and on to another provider that has it.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
You literally agreed that you expect no compensation for lost channels. In addition, it was the local affiliate that removed it off Dish and took it away from you. Not Dish.

Kld1104
Character Actor
How did I agree to no compensation? I merely am stating that due to the fact that DISH is not cheap and they offer no compensation for loss of a #1 station. In my area I am limited to a minimal amount of providers. I would like to change providers but unfortunately I can only do so by paying $180 so it sucks all the way around.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Read your contract and service agreement. Both state that channels may be removed at anytime and you expect no compensation. You literally agreed against what you’re asking for. This is why reading what you’re signing is always important.