Long, unacceptable hold times to cancel service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long, unacceptable hold times to cancel service

Esalinas53
Extra

Trying to disconnect service is the hardest thing ever and extremely time consuming.
I have waited 45min trying first time, 35min 2nd time, and 30min 3rd time, still none of these calls ever got me to speak to a live person. Its like they want you to stall, waiting and waiting until you hang up and hoping you ll forget and be charged another month. The automated calls hang up instantly if you don’t respond with a keypad prompt quick enough and you have to start all over. I feel very sorry for those whom are not good with following automated directions, because this is just set up for failure and not user friendly at all.
Switch to Xfinity, its alot better than it used to be and worth it.

3 Replies

Re: Long, unacceptable hold times to cancel service

DISH Employee

Esalinas53, I hate to hear about the experience you recently had. I know that being on any hold can be very frustrating. We appreciate your feedback about the wait time and automated system. I definitely see that this has been an inconvenience and would love to look into your service further. Just to make sure that there are no unresolved issues, do you mind my asking why you are looking to cancel your services with us?

DSimko
Extra

I have been on hold  over 45 min. I tried yesterday afternoon on hold for one hour.  I tried chat they said that I need to be patient. I do not think it is a reasonable amount of time to be on hold. Your customer service stinks. And I am still on hold Almost one hour now.

DISH Employee

Hi DSimko. We know that it is not the ideal situation and our agents on the phone will continue doing their best to assist you as soon as possible. We'd love to keep you as a part of our DISH family and I'd be happy to help in any way I can to make that happen. Can you give me a bit more information about what has led you to make the decision to end your services?