Lied to about 100 gift card

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lied to about 100 gift card

Rick65
Camera Crew
Was promised gift card to make the switch, made the switch couple months ago, still no card and nobody seems to know what I'm talking about. Dish needs to do a better job with their 3rd party vendors or make it right with the customers if the 3rd party will not.
10 Replies

Re: Lied to about 100 gift card

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Those are specific offers from the 3rd party and has nothing to do with them. The third parties are separate companies they set their own business rules and has their own offers.

Rick65
Camera Crew
I know what they are,third party or not do you think they are getting new subscribers with out getting paid from Dish.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The same way a grocery store gets paid for selling certain things at certain discounts that require the manufacturer to do a “mail in rebate”. Same principle applies. You need to take it up with the one that made the offer.

Think of it this way. You tell someone you’ll give them $100 to sign up for Dish, if they use your referral code. They use your code but you do not pay them... should Dish be responsible for paying your promise?

Rick65
Camera Crew
Apples and oranges Chad, and if I tell someone I will give them 100.00 for doing something you can be **bleep** sure I will. My point was if they are using these 3rd parties to get new subscribers they should know what is being said and what's not being done, it's obvious Dish just don't care

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
There are hundreds of retailers, and thousands of offers... not to mention, part of being a third party is they set their own business rules. A lot of retailers sale more than just Dish as well...

And how are they apples and oranges? The principles are the exact same.

DISH Employee

Hey Rick65. I know how truly frustrating it is when you're promised something and it doesn't get delivered. I would be happy to review your account with you to see how I can help with this​. Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please? If you're not sure how to do that, we have a guide right here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

nwkn1g
Character Actor

It appears Chad 'just doesn't get it'.  Directly or indirectly, that third party represents Dish; and what they do reflects upon Dish. 

If Dish doesn't want to be associated or known for these types of shady practices, they (Dish) need to reel those rogue third parties in.

But its a dirt bag industry, and Dish hasn't always been known for their honesty.

Highlighted

bear350
Costume Designer

Just wondering if you all made sure when you contated Dish if you mentioned the Gift Card ?   When I called in with my offer They said Wow you really got the Red Carpet rolled out for you on this one,  and I was almost done on the phone before I mentioned the 300.00 dollar gift card and they just about either forgot or I don't know but they said,  Oh Yes I am sure we can get that card for you.  

Why I ask is because I think If I didn't mention it I might not have gotten the Card, but they did mention all the extras but the Card until I did.  So Make sure you say something and for Gods sake make sure you don't throw in the Garbage Can Because it comes in a Discret envelope and you might just toss it in the junk mail bag.

I Surely Hope you all get what was Promised and I am sure Dish will make it right and being polite helps too, Being Anger does nothing but make people nervous and can cause conflict.   Be Nice and  I am sure Dish wil make it right.

Good luck keep us posted on your progress.

Rick65
Camera Crew
I have been nothing but polite to these folks, even when they haven't been to me. I've watched my mail thinking maybe someone would honor the promise made on behalf of Dish. Been well over 3 months now I've given up on it, but when anybody ask how I like dish they get an ear full and I recommend anything but dish, that is of course unless they like being lied to