Lied to By Customer service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lied to By Customer service

dadunn14
Extra
I have been a loyal customer for 20 Yrs are more. I recently was offered a free upgrade to the hopper , My old DVR was obsolete, even tho I love the DVR, I had lots of old movies that I watch everyday. I was told by not on one but on 3 occassions by Customer Service that as part of the promotion that the technician could move them as a Courtesy to the hopper, Well today , the technician came to install the new hopper, and he said its not possible, when he deactivated the DVR, all movies were lost. I AM SICK over this. DISHNET Thanks destroying years of memories.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No telling how many more lies will unfold before this is over. ALOT OF PROMISES were made. DISH you can try to make it right , by getting my DVR and try to recover the movies somehow and download them to hopper as promised.I expect no less from a company I've been with for this many years.
2 Replies

Re: Lied to By Customer service

Community Manager
Community Manager
I'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Can you send me a PM with your account number and PIN so we can get started. Thank you.

Re: Lied to By Customer service

hddn
Visual Engineer
If the DVRs are compatible, it is possible for you to move them to an external hard disk (EHD) and move them back yourself, but I've never heard of Dish doing it for you. (It will take hours - not something they or probably you would want a technician hanging around for.) If you still have the old DVR, it may still be possible to do this. If your DVR was truly obsolete, then it may not be compatible.

Also, keep in mind that on an old obsolete DVR, that disk could have crashed any day now anyway. Shows sitting on a perpetually spinning old hard disk are a convenience, but you should never think of that as archival storage.