Latest Dish experience

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Dish experience

Bassman686
Character Actor
Let me share my latest Dish TV and their contractor VIA Satellite out of Front Royal VA. After waiting a week for my install issue to be resolved where my original other 2 rooms would have our service installed I received a call last night confirming my 12 pm to 4 pm window for the tech to arrive. I live in Strasburg Virginia and work close to DC so my day starts at 330 am each morning. I stay home today to be here for my appointment. I get a call from VIA Satellite at approximately 12:20 pm to inform me they have to reschedule me for next week. I call Dish and I had to add packages to my subscription because of some earlier issues. I was told I wouldn't be able to access the new packages until the tech closed the work order out after his work was done. So. They did make my subscription available as if this was supposed to appease me over this situation. My account is current, pay my bill early and this is the service you can expect to get. I still have 2 rooms that aren't complete yet , a day off work waiting, a last minute cancellation and this attitude it's the best we can do. Listen this is by far the worse service I have ever dealt with. I would never recommend it or VIA Satellite to anyone. Go with any other service provider you can find. Thanks Dish I'll be off work another day to see if you are able to keep this commitment.
Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: Latest Dish experience

DISH Employee

Hello Bassman686, I hate to hear about this situation. It definitely sounds frustrating and is not the experience we want you to have. I will be glad to review your account and check if there is any sooner appointments available in your area. Please send me a private message when your phone number and 4 digit security code so I can access the account. 

iscott22
Extra
They did the same thing to me! VIA Satellite was supposed to come out on Friday to add service to our finished basement and upgrade our DVR to the hopper. They called in the morning to narrow our time down to 4-5:30 (last slot of the day) and then called again at 3:30 to say they weren't coming, they were "horribly behind schedule", and their next available time was over a week out. We live east of Fredericksburg, so I have a feeling we're always going to have the last time slot for a company based out of Front Royal, and we're going to continue to get bumped out when things get behind schedule as they always do. There is definitely something wrong with VIA if this is the kind of service they provide! Unfortunately for me, living in a rural area means I probably have zero options when it comes to who I get my service calls from. Dish, you need to find a new contractor!

DISH Employee

Hello, iscott22! We absolutely want to get this addressed, as well as see if there is an earlier possible appointment. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number on your account and the 4 digit PIN?