Lack of professionalism frm President of some department

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of professionalism frm President of some department

mydishexperience
Character Actor
I called in to disconnect and get information, I was sent over to "Graberial" ID# AHY. This man was the rudest person in a position of power I have ever dealt with. I had called in several times to work with Dish to keep my service and no one was interested. So I said I was going to disconnect then I learned I had a disconnect fee attached to my account for adding 1 joey, wow was that a surprise, 2 YEARs tied to dish for one joey!!! what are they thinking. Today when I asked to be disconnected, this man rudely says, I will work with you to disconnect, but "I" am not going to waive your disconnect fee. this company makes BILLIONS on us for paying our bills and can't "WON'T" waive $180 dollars. I'm out and will let everyone I know my experience and the type of staff Dish has in high positions to make them look this bad.... Maybe someone there as DISH wants to make this right..??? if so, PLEASE contact me.
7 Replies

Re: Lack of professionalism frm President of some departmen

stile99
Cinematographer
What indication do you have that this person was "President of some department"? Just curious.

Chadt41411
Casting Director

Sounds like you spoke with the office of the president, which is the final authority. Also, doesn't sound like any reason to waive the fee, with the information you have presented so far.

mydishexperience
Character Actor
He told me he was the president of something.. So I think that 8 hours to install one joey is unacceptable, wouldn't you. that is how long it took them, yes them, two techs to install one joey. My day wasted... that alone should have been worth the waived fee. So when they told me to sign for the joey, yes I signed to get them outta my house, that was the "we got ya" that two year commitment that they did not verbally tell me about I was not even showed how to use the remote when they set up the first time.. so thats some of my reasons for asking for the waiver... So if you WORK for DISH and need more information , contact me, if you just want to comment, be respectful as this may also happen to you, or someone you know.

stile99
Cinematographer
They didn't show you how to use the remote, and that's why you feel you should be able to terminate the contract you agreed to early.

Alllllllrighty then. Last response, you'll get bored soon and wander off, and I'm not going to feed you in the meantime. Cheers!

Chadt41411
Casting Director

None of those reasons are reasons to waive the ETF. You're failure to read what you were signing because you just wanted them to leave, well, that is your issue. Your endorsement says that you have read and understood, as an English Speaking Adult, what you were agreeing to.
It is a requirement to read a disclosure that pops up on the monitor before they can move forward. Also, if it was the office of the president, and they said no to waiving it, the reps here have to abide by that. They are the same reps on Facebook, Twitter, and any other forums you may end up at. But I can tell you, the information you provided so far, does not constitute a reason to waive the contract period.

hddn
Visual Engineer
I recently had Comcast internet installed so I can tell you that if you had two comcast techs working in your home for 8 hours, you would have had $1440 in labor added to your next bill. (16 hours at $90/hour.) And then you'd still have the ETF too.

If you want to get more Dish stuff without a new commitment/ETF, you can buy it from a retailer such as solidsignal and install it yourself. For most people this probably ends up costing as much or more, but if you expect to leave real soon, it's an option.

mydishexperience
Character Actor
Thank you you provided good feedback, unlike Chadt which seems to jump to conclusions without knowing all the information. I have taken action on the resolution form as suggested by one of the previous dish employees I spoke with, I was trying to get information from Gabriel on that and my post and overall comment was I believe dish employees at that level of management should treat customers better regardless if it's regarding a waiver, service , or any type of customer service . thanks to those of you that read and understood those that are judging,,,well you are who you are I guess