LETTER FROM DISH SAYING I DID NOT QUALIFY FOR OUR BEST OFFER

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LETTER FROM DISH SAYING I DID NOT QUALIFY FOR OUR BEST OFFER

weiss06
Extra
I received a letter from dish dated July 31, 2017 saying[b:2l5yly4j] I did not qualify for the best offer [/b:2l5yly4j](number of NCTUE satisfactory occurrences reported in the last 12 months, Highest balance of NCTUE open accounts in the last 12 months, Average number of months since NCUTE connections, No recently reported NCTUE account). This was just after I renewed my service for two years and added dish internet. I have had dish service for at least the last 4years. I have a flawless credit report, never missed a payment and have a FICO score of 816.

I talked to a dish customer service rep who stated this was sent out in error and I was receiving the best rate.

HOW COULD THIS BE SENT OUT IN ERROR. ANY SUGGESTIONS? AND WHAT IS NCTUE?

THIS DOES NOT GIVE ME A GOOD FEELING DEALING WITH DISH!! DO I REALLY HAVE THE BEST OFFER?
8 Replies

Re: LETTER FROM DISH SAYING I DID NOT QUALIFY FOR OUR BEST O

hddn
Visual Engineer
I googled that it's the National Consumer Telecom and Utilities Exchange, a subsidiary of Equifax. Basically a credit monitoring database oriented towards certain kinds of utility companies including pay TV providers. I had never heard of it before either.

Re: LETTER FROM DISH SAYING I DID NOT QUALIFY FOR OUR BEST O

weiss06
Extra
Thanks

Re: LETTER FROM DISH SAYING I DID NOT QUALIFY FOR OUR BEST OFFER

Mfox20
Extra

We just got the letter today, dated 2/28/18.   If this was still a mistake after all of your 2017 inquiries, then I would say dish network is not very good at correcting mistakes. I call bull crap. I want to understand why we got this letter. Our credit is impeccable. I will get to the bottom of this. 

DISH Employee

We would be happy to take a look and review your account with you. Feel free to send us a Private Message with your phone number and four digit security pin to get started. 

tsarytsin
Extra

I got the same letter 3 days ago and spent over an hour trying to get someone at DISH to explain why I got it. Like the above responder I ahave always had an excellent credit rating and never missed a bill in my life.  I would love to have this addressed.  

DISH Employee

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do understand that there has been confusion about the NCTUE letter that some of our customers receive. 

NCTUE is a credit reporting agency whose membership is comprised of companies that provide services and report and share data relative to their customers’ account.

We are required to send this letter to any customers who don't qualify for the highest-tier plan we offer. We always try to get you the best possible offer and attempt qualification at the highest level first. Qualification only affects things like upfront fees and does not have any impact on monthly rate or any offer that was provided to you. 

Since the letter is from the NCTUE, we do not control the wording and apologize for any confusion. Despite what tier you may have qualified for, we would still set you up with the best plan you qualified for and were provided the information for. 

If you would like to dispute any items on the letter, dispute resolution information is also provided on the letter itself and would not be handled by DISH.

jen1023
Extra

I also got this letter.  My credit has never been better, so when I was told that I had to pay the $50 or whatever it was the day I signed up, I figured the representative was mistaken.  Then I get this letter.  

I have made every payment and I was switching from cable to satellite.  I've never missed a payment to any utility company and I monitor my credit report - I know there are no blips on it regarding utility companies or any other such data. 

I think it's just a way for DISH to recover monies they lose by not charging as much for satellite service as other companies.  They say it's a penalty for not qualifying for the top Tier.  My question - if a 775 credit rating and 25 years of credit history doesn't qualify you for the top tier, what does????!!?!?

RLG
Extra

I received this same letter today, May 21, 2018.  After numbers of Dish customers complained of this letter on this forum, Dish included the following in its response:

"We are required to send this letter to any customers who don't qualify for the highest-tier plan we offer . . . Qualification only affects things like upfront fees and does not have any impact on monthly rate or any offer that was provided to you."  I was charged no "upfront fees" by my salesman, and he assured me I was getting Dish's best pricing for the service.  So, why did Dish send me this letter?

The next excerpt from Dish's forum response states:  "Since the letter is from the NCTUE, we do not control the wording and apologize for any confusion."  Yet, the previous excerpt above, states "We are required to send this letter . . . ", and the return address on the subject letter was for Dish in Littleton, CO.  Which assertion is true?

While I generally prefer Dish over DirecTV, I find it objectionable that Dish sends out such a letter. The last time I checked, my Credit Score was 823.  

Four years ago, I had Dish for two years and then switched to DirecTV for the past two years, and just recently switched back to Dish.  Throughout those four years, I was on autopay.  Over many years, I also have had and continue to have several "Installment Accounts", and I have a flawless payment record with all of them, so none of the possible reasons given for receiving the letter apply to my situation, as I presume is the case with the others complaining on this forum.

The salesman who recently switched me back to Dish ran a credit check with Equifax as required in order for me to subscribe anew with Dish.  Because my account was caught in the huge Equifax hack, I had to provide him with access to my Equifax data.  And, as stated above, because of my high credit rating, the salesman assured me that I was receiving the best pricing available for my Dish service, and he charged me no "upfront fees", despite what was stated in the letter I just received from Dish.  Because of this letter, I thought that someone was trying to steal my identity.  So which story am I to believe - the salesman's or the one in the letter?

Dish claims it works hard at customer service, and then undermines and undoes those positive efforts with this asinine, irrelevant letter.  And, based on Dish's response to its customers on this forum who have identified this erroneous letter over many months, it appears that Dish has been aware of it for quite some time now, and has been negligent by its failure to correct it.  In fact, the Dish response comes across as rather indifferent, and it reflects not the least bit of urgency to address this concern of Dish customers anytime in the near future.  Instead, in its forum response, Dish passes the blame on to the NCTUE service, despite the Dish return address at the top of the document, after which it dismissively and nonchalantly directs Dish customers to "dispute resolution" with the NCTUE providers.

Because of the Equifax debacle and the contradictions between my stellar credit record and this letter, it has been a source of undue aggravation and worry that my identity might be at risk.  To receive a letter from Dish stating that I "did not qualify for (Dish's) best offer due to one or more" reasons that do not apply to me, nor apparently to many others, is a needless, thoughtless, annoying affront to Dish customers and a poor example of "good customer service.  

Remember, when it comes to "customer service", it only takes one screw-up to negate countless "attaboys".  Dish has all this amazing technology, and yet it can't quickly fix this absurd, seemingly simple, but offensive problem . . . I don't believe it.