Keep being sent on run around.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep being sent on run around.

emcollett1s
Extra

I switched to Dish about 3 to 4 months ago. When I called them it was just to see what they had to offer. I called the 1800 Dish network number to see. While I was talking to them they said they would give me a $200 visa rewards card to help pay for the cancellation fee for direct-tv. My cancellation fee was $320. So, I called about a week and a half ago to see why I had not received the rewards card yet, and i was told that I ordered through a third party (Infinity). That seemed weird to me because like I said I called the 1800 Dish Network number when I decided to switch, but I just did as I was told and called the other number. The lady from (Infinity) automatically acted as if I did not know what I was talking about. She stated that they didn't offer $200 visa rewards cards. So I told her that I have the call recorded, and then she told me she would investigate the matter and get back to me within 7 to 14 business days. I was checking my voicemail today and the lady had returned my call only to tell me to call a number and press one to get the situation resolved. The prompt said my approximate wait time was 7 mins. Well after 1 hour and 29 mins, I hung up and dialed again only to find myself waiting another hour and 34 mins. So I called the number back that the lady had called from which led me to a lady named Sarah that told me again that I needed to call the third party that I signed up through and she gave me another number which was different from the first two but led me to Nowhere except waiting again. So I waited maybe maybe 15-20 minutes and decided that I was done waiting so I hung up try to call back again and guess what they were closed. I don't want to but I'm very willing to cut service off with Dish Network it doesn't matter if I have to pay the $20 a month that I still have left on my contract it's the principle behind it. I feel like I've been let along like a stupid child that doesn't know what is what. What I do know is that I'm not going to allow this to go on much longer and I will be calling to cancel the service if the problem is not dealt with. So if I were you and someone tells you that they're going to give you a rewards card to sign up for Dish Network be weary.

3 Replies

Re: Keep being sent on run around.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Just know that if you cancel, you'd likely be subject to the ETF. It is $20 for every month remaining.

stxisbest
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Just know that if you cancel, you'd likely be subject to the ETF. It is $20 for every month remaining.

If you actually read that wall of letters, why does no one know how to use paragraphs, he states he/she is aware of the ETF and will pay it just to get rid of Dish.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I should have clarified. It will be automatically withdrawn from the qualifying credit card.