KTEN Local Channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: KTEN Local Channels

Chadt4141
Screen Writer

Your contract reads that any channel may be removed at anytime, whether in a term commitment or not.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@56dblakeley wrote:
No Super Bowl KTEN LOCAL REMOVED. You breached our contract dont care about excuses

I understand it can be frustrating losing out on your local programming during a high profile event. However, we are not able to agree to unreasosonable terms set forth by Lockwood Broadcasting. They've asked DISH and their customers to pay twice as much what we currently pay for their programming. 

DISH has offered to match the rates paid by all other pay-TV providers, but Lockwood refused this offer. The quickest rising cost in the television industry is the fee that television providers pay local channel owners like Lockwood to retransmit their signal to customers.

In the end, this means that only Lockwood Broadcasting can choose to remove their content from DISH customers.

We are working around the clock to reach a reasonable agreement as soon as possible.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
No excuses, just that there was no breach in contract. Your contract actually covers this pretty explicitly. Would recommend checking it out at mydish.com/legal.

KDM96
Extra
This is a crock!! Been almost a month without our local channels which is insane that DISH expects us to pay for channels we don't even get to watch not to mention we missed the Superbowl and the opening to the Winter Olympics. I have a friend that called in and complained and she was given her month of DISH for free, but I called in and they offered a "sports" package for 3 months free or to remove my locals and credit my account 13 dollars. That's a crock not to mention my bill has gone up to almost $180. since starting our service. That's another crock since they told me my bill wouldn't go up that much. Well guess what DISH network I think I hear DIRECT TV calling out name...they still carry my local channels with no interruptions!!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It’s been 2 weeks. Calm down.

kevlar
Camera Crew

Don't be fooled by DISH. I have had DISH for years both at my girlfriend's house and mine. DISH is the ONLY TV provider where these disputes happen on a REGULAR basis which results in us losing our local channel(s). Look it up.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer

After looking it up, it appears that all companies are affected, and Dish and Directv have a comparable amount of disputes and down time.

kevlar
Camera Crew

It's not even close and you know it! Don't be a DISH corporate shill.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer

Actually it is

kevlar
Camera Crew
Nice try, hddn. Of course DISH is just the "innocent middle man" in all of this mess. Dish is the ONLY major TV provider where losing your local channels happens on a regular basis. Don't believe anything that DISH tells you. Just drop them and switch to DirecTV. Please consider yourself warned.