Installation issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issue

Tszolis
Extra
I have an issue. I called DISH yesterday to switch over from cable. The person on the other end was very professional and got me setup to switch over. I was told that I qualified for next day installation wich would work but need to rearrange my schedule. After getting me setup she then sent me to the account verifier and he said I was scheduled for 19th which is 10 days later. I then said wait I was told next day installation, is that correct? He said yes thats true they just setup a schedule first. I told him I want to make sure because I have to rearrange my schedule to be here tomorrow. He said shouldn't be a problem.

Well I never received a call for the installation, so I called in around 1230pm today and spoke with an agent I believe J1Y and was told there was no record of next day installation and that there is no possible way they could schedule anyone till the 19th. Unfortunately the 19th is not a good day need this done on a Saturday or Sunday due to my work schedule. So best that can be done is Saturday 23rd. Bad first impression. Seriously thinking going to Directv instead.

The thing is I don't have a problem with 23rd. I have a problem with your customer service integrity. I was told twice next day and you also advertise that. I had to cancel some things and rearange my schedule to make this can happen today and no one called. Waisted day! Not sure I am going to stay with Dish. The problem is the second person also said next day. Is this normal customer service operation? Not Happy so far
Tags (1)
9 Replies

Re: Installation issue

peggyrh
Associate Producer

I agree you shouldn't have been told next day if they couldn't install - many locations do not have next day service available & operator may not have been paying attention.  Be aware that since you haven't been installed yet you can cancel without any liability - but once it's installed you normally have a 2 yr agreement & then can't cancel without paying several hundred dollars.  Might want to think about it before you commit.

PCHearn
Camera Crew

In my experience, this is normal Dish customer service.  When things go well, Dish is very good.  I might even say excellent.  But when anything goes wrong, you are completely out of luck.  Am I allowed to say screwed?  Anyway, I suspect most people use Dish and enjoy the experience.  You just need to hope you are not one of those folks who have a problem...  

Chadt4141
Casting Director
That sounds more like a retailer set you up.

DISH Employee

I'm sorry to hear you've had this experience, Tszolis -- especially as your first experience with DISH! If you can send me a Private Message with your phone or account number and 4-digit PIN, I'll be able to see if it was a retailer who set up your account and either way, leave feedback about that individual.

Tszolis
Extra
What's a retailer got to do with it. I called the 800 number from their site?

DISH Employee

Basically the difference would be in how I submitted the feedback for you, if you'd like me to pass that along. I apologize for any misinformation that was given.

Ghshaw
Extra

Trust me, it is much worse at Directv. That is why I’m switching. Directv stood me up three consecutive times, of course with a week in between each appointment. 

Aray
Extra
I called 10 days ago was told tech would be here 8-12 today - then it was 10-11:30 then 12 -1:30. Tech finally called and said his gps could not find my house - so I gave him directions down to exact mileage to go to make the turns. He never showed up will not answer his phone or text and DISH now says I have to wait till Tuesday and they are sorry for my inconvenience- they have no clue what the word inconvenience means

DISH Employee

Hi Aray. I can imagine that was super frustrating to go through. I know when I make appointments it takes a lot of planning since I have to schedule work around it and I'm sure it's the same for you. Since the visit is tomorrow, it's not likely that there's an earlier appointment, but I would be happy to double check for you. If you'd like, feel free to send us a Private Message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN and we can get started.