Hurricane Irma

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Irma

Blessed
Character Actor
My state and county was hit my hurricane Irma declared a disaster. I contacted customer service and advise that my county was hit my Irma. I asked what can be done for since other companies are helping customers out that were affected by the hurricane. By postponing their payments for 3 more giving them more time to pay their bills etc. All I was advise that can be done for me was a credit for the days that my service was not used and a payment extension for 9 days that I have to pay for which is 9 dollars. We have companies offering us things that I do not have an account with and the ones that I do have an account they are working with me because of the hurricane. We have had damage to our homes, no power among other things and the last thing we are worrying about is our bills. This is why I think most of the companies are making exceptions and helping out during this time. I am not a person to complain but I thought I would just write about my situation in case there are other people who are in any area that was hit by Irma and have dish as their cable provider
10 Replies

Re: Hurricane Irma

We are sorry you were impacted by this and do have offers for our customers, which includes putting the system on Pause while you are unable to have service. We are sorry, but it does sound like you were given the appropriate offers.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Blessed
Character Actor
The postpone of my service does help the fact of me paying my bill. The only option was an extension which I will be charged 9 dollars. I am not saying that I will not pay my bill I just need more time. I filed for funding and I have not been able to return to work yet due to damages to my work place

Blessed wrote:
The postpone of my service does help the fact of me paying my bill. The only option was an extension which I will be charged 9 dollars. I am not saying that I will not pay my bill I just need more time. I filed for funding and I have not been able to return to work yet due to damages to my work place

So, service is already working? Have you already had the promise to pay issued?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

hddn
Visual Engineer
Blessed wrote:
The postpone of my service does help the fact of me paying my bill.

I believe Dish pause is $5/month, so it should be much less than the usual bill. Keep in mind that you do forfeit any promotions you have while on Dish Pause. For example, if you are getting a discount now, it goes away when the pause ends. This may be an area where an actual cable company might be better since they have local offices that are likely to have a much better idea of what's going on.

Blessed
Character Actor
The option for pausing my service does not help me at all. All I am asking is for more time to pay my bill like other companies are doing in my area and for any that was hit by Irma. I can also contact a news station and advise that DISH does not care about the customers that were hit by Irma. I do not have Comcast but they provided free internet for people that were affected by Irma. And yes I have had a promise to pay but it is not enough time they gave me until 9/25/17

stile99
Cinematographer
I'm curious, you mention not being a Comcast customer, but being given free internet by them. Did they come out to your location and install, or did you previously have them and they turned it on for a time? Did you have to supply your own cable modem, or did they loan them out? Or did they provide a temporary login for a network of WiFi hotspots?

As for the issue at hand, it seems like paying with a credit/debit card if one is available would be a fairly easy solution. If the funding still hasn't been approved by then and you still haven't been able to return to work, the bank may be able to make arrangements. Years ago when a tornado struck my area, the bank I had my car loan through at that time proactively reached out to ME, offering to delay up to two payments with no charge or additional interest, I didn't have to ask them. My credit card (again, proactively) had a similar offer, as long as the minimum payment was made, interest would not accrue on the balance in the meantime. You mention the companies you do business with are already working with you, so you've probably received similar offers.

Blessed
Character Actor
Yes Comcast offered free wifi using their hotpots and the other companies that I deal with reach out to me and other in my county. They did offer to delay payments up to 2 or 3 months with no charge the only problem that I am having is with DISH. I got a message this morning indicating that there is nothing else that can be done but the extension in which I have to pay for. I have been a DISH customer for years and now a little disappointed that there is nothing else that can be done for me in this situation. And for other companies to offer services for people that were hit by Irma not just Comcast but there are others. I have a lost a lot ( important papers, debit cards and credit cards) due to water damage , other damages also theft. Some of the people that evacuated in my county their houses were broken in as well. I just thought that I could get extra time to take care of my bill due to my situation. But I guess not it seems as though DISH does not care about their customers no matter what the situation is. I have no choice but to contact my local news station and advise what I am dealing with so that they can let everyone know that DISH does not care about their customers that were affected by any type of disaster.

Blessed
Character Actor
I have contacted the cooperate office for Dish waiting on a response and contacted a local news station about how DISH are treating customers that were affected by Irma they will also spread the word. Thank you DISH for making a happy customer of yours for years very unsatisfied.

DISH Employee
We have very specific steps we take to help our customers affected by catastrophic events. Can you send us a PM with your account/phone number and 4 digit PIN?