Horrible customer service!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible customer service!!!

Jnickels6
Extra
I recently moved our tv with joey an now have to pay 50.00 to have someone come out because it only works in one room!!!! This is rediculous!!!! Why is this not included in what we pay each month!! I will definitely be voicing my opinion to everyone about how crappy this is !! It should not matter where I want my tv . I pay my bill it should be free if I move to a different room!
6 Replies

Re: Horrible customer service!!!

peggyrh
Associate Producer
A standard Joey requires wiring so it's limited to where you have Dish install it - if you wanted to move it around the house you should have ordered a wireless Joey which doesn't require a hard wire & can easily be moved to any room. Contact Dish & see if they will swap your Joey for a wireless one.

baldman1
Camera Crew
peggyrh wrote:
A standard Joey requires wiring so it's limited to where you have Dish install it - if you wanted to move it around the house you should have ordered a wireless Joey which doesn't require a hard wire & can easily be moved to any room. Contact Dish & see if they will swap your Joey for a wireless one.
Yes but they will be paying more for the wireless each month.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Wireless Joey & wired joey cost the same monthly. It uses the home wifi network.

hddn
Visual Engineer
$50 to have someone show up and do wiring sounds pretty reasonable to me.

For comparison, Comcast here charges $90 for a "basic" outlet install. Basic means no inside walls, no attic time... etc. If you need any of that, then it's about $90/hour additional.

Of course you can also consider doing this yourself. I have on a few occasions, though it always takes me much longer than I think it will.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
You can even use your network router or switch to connect a joey to your hopper as well using a LAN cable connection only.

Works well for me with 3 joeys. I don't have to pay any fees for moving them around:
https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php? ... 10#p107624

I agree because we installed the hopper 3 in our master bedroom to keep the kids from messing with it originally we didn't know or Wi-Fi that's closer to the living room wasn't going to be strong enough and the bedroom so I moved the hopper 3 to the living room and Bam no tuners call DISH to ask how I would get it back working they want me to pay 75 bucks for someone to come out and just simply move it when it's insane to me and I have Dish Protection Service so maybe I should break something to have them come out just got me very upset and I will be canceling because I didn't have to do this for DirecTV