Horrible Dish instal

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Dish instal

hvermeer
Extra

We had our house reroofed this week. We had Dish come out to put our Dish back up. The technician stated it can not be on our steal shingles. So we suggested it be put off on the sofet in the same general area it was before. Technician stated that would not work either but could hang it off the sofet on a different part of the house.
Ok, if that was our only option. Previously our cable that ran to the dish was hidden nicely. When he put it up today he put the cable in the middle of our siding...it looks horrible, something my first grader would do!!! Not only do we now have to fix it...we now have holes in the middle of our steal siding!!!!! So very disappointed!!!!

6 Replies

Re: Horrible Dish instal

olds4422
Audio Engineer
this is why when you have siding or roofing done and it has to reinstalled, YOU have to tell them what they can cant not DO and where to run the lines. other wise they will just do what ever is easiest, which general not hiding the wires in anyway most siding and roofing done last 10 years has places to run these wires so there hidden.

IT why when ever i have tech come out that need to do new wiring I flat out tell them use the existing path, and watch them to make sure they dont make new holes.

It also the techs fault not asking before if it ok to put holes in new siding/roofing

Remofire
Character Actor
I hear ya! My dish network installer opened our front window and ran the satellite wire THROUGH THE RAISED WINDOW!!! Now my dang window can't shut all the way!

hddn
Visual Engineer
Over the years I've had various cable, Dish, ISP installers with different ideas than my own. Often they were better ideas (voice of experience) sometimes not. Bottom line though is you're the customer and it's your house. If they want to do something you don't want, don't let them. Hover over them if you have to and don't sign the form/device until it is done to your satisfaction.

By the way, googling around I do see multiple people saying that neither satellite company wants to put dishes on metal roofs so I think that one probably falls in the voice of experience category. On the other hand, running a wire through a window sounds nutty to me unless you stuck him with limitations like he couldn't make any holes!

peggyrh
Associate Producer
I don't understand why someone would let an installer set it up that way, or why a new customer would even sign off on it - you agreed it was done correctly by putting your signature on the completed work order.

stile99
Cinematographer
peggyrh wrote:
I don't understand why someone would let an installer set it up that way, or why a new customer would even sign off on it - you agreed it was done correctly by putting your signature on the completed work order.

Pretty much what I said when this was first posted, but it was deleted. I must admit I'm as curious as you though.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
My guess is that this is a pay in advance account, and did not meet the qualifications for newer equipment, based on credit.