Hopper 3 and Hopper 2 on same account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 and Hopper 2 on same account

koller1509
Extra
I have a hopper 3 and 3 joeys in my home and would like to upgrade my 211K receivers in my fifth wheel RV to a hopper 2 and 2 joeys (purchased of course) but had heard that initially dish would only allow 1 hopper3 no other hoppers on an account.
3 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 and Hopper 2 on same account

DISH Employee
koller1509 wrote:
I have a hopper 3 and 3 joeys in my home and would like to upgrade my 211K receivers in my fifth wheel RV to a hopper 2 and 2 joeys (purchased of course) but had heard that initially dish would only allow 1 hopper3 no other hoppers on an account.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to have another Hopper, even if purchased, when there is already a Hopper 3 on the account. That restriction is still has not changed.

koller1509
Extra
Its a shame that they don't tell you that when you get the hopper3 system. I understand the technical limitations only one hopper3 per dish but when people get the outdoor package (for rv's) you would think it would be allowed ( 2 separate dish systems). I guess I will start looking at Direct TV systems for both systems.

DISH Employee
One of the reasons we do not allow (leased) Hoppers in the RV is due to when driving in an RV, it can throw off the balance and affect the unit. The 211 series receivers provide our customers HD programming and easy to set up and maintain programming.